New Intense Built

ALfromTheGym

Likes Bikes
Hi,

So some of you might remember my post about my 3 bikes getting stolena few months ago (Chumba F5, Specialized Stumpjumper, Mongoose Tyax). Well the good news is all 3 bike have been replaced, just picked up my new DH bike yesterday. I decided after much deliberation to go with an Intense 951 FRO frame and bought a 2010 Glory 00 to use for parts. Specs are as follows:

Frame: Intense 951 FRO (small)
Fork: Fox 40 RC2
Shock: Fox DHX RC4
Handlebar: Race Face Atlas, low rise
Stem: Race Face Diabolus D2 DH
Grips: Lizard Skinz Peaty
Seatpost: FRM Pro
Saddle: Fi'zi:k Tundra w/ k:ium rails
Pedals: Jet Black
Shifters: Saint
Chain Guide: MRP G2 guide
Rear Derailleur:Saint
Brakes: Saint Hydraulic disc 8" rotors
Levers: Saint Hydraulic
Cassette: Saint
Chain: Shimano HG-93
Cranks Saint
BB: Saint
Rims: Mavic EX721
Hubs: Saint F. 20mm axle R. 12mm axle
Spokes: DT Competition Butted 14/15g
Tires Michelin Hot S, 26x2.5"

This build brought the bike in at 17.45kg. Plans for the future include, tubeless kit, Sunline V1 Bars, Truvativ Direct mount stem, Ti Springs all round. Should be weighing about 16.5kg or less hopefully.

Massive thanks to Claire, Mikey, Azz and the rest of the crew at Onyabike Civic (Canberra) for the awesome build and putting up with all my questions and constant hassling but most of all a big thankyou for getting me back on the hill.

Attachments

dilstubs

Likes Dirt
Thats outlandish, try not to scratch it, or just hang it on the wall.
Fantastical bike there mate(i know fantastical isnt a word so shut up)
:)

Unlearn

Likes Dirt
Bloody beautiful mate, i'm assuming the BB size, headset and seat tube size on the glory is the same as the 951?

Would love to get some feedback on how it rides.

Moony

Likes Dirt
would have gone with the blue frame, or black to match the gllory parts.

but an exceptional build anyway!

ALfromTheGym

Likes Bikes
Was going to go black frame and do a stealth type build, but it was going to be another 7weeks, and after almost 3months of insurance stuff i was over waiting.

ALfromTheGym

Likes Bikes
would have gone with the blue frame, or black to match the gllory parts.

but an exceptional build anyway!

Was going to go black frame and do a stealth type build, but it was going to be another 7weeks, and after almost 3months of insurance stuff i was over waiting.

ALfromTheGym

Likes Bikes
First Ride thoughts.

Took the new DH weapon out for a burn this afternoon, mostly to bed the brakes in a bit before the next race and play with suspension and tyre pressures.

First thing i noticed was, shit i am unfit. Secondly I noticed just how quiet the bike is, its unbelievable how quiet this bike is. The bike loves to fly and just floats across rocks and roots. Its pedals amazingly, even without playing with Propedal on the RC4 its snaps out of corners like a scalded cat.

Note to anyone buying a 2010 Glory, upgrade tyres asap, Michelin Hot S looks the goods but even at lower pressures i found the back sliding and washed the front out twice. Minions will be put on very soon.

Also to anyone buying a 951, get a heavier spring, I am 5"7 and about 80kg, the small frame sinks quite deep into its travel straight away. I'll be going for a Nuke Proof Shockwave after the next CORC round.

All in all though the bike is awesome, straight form the shop yesterday to the hill today its was amazing, by far the best bike i have ever riden.

Attachments

red_dog

Likes Dirt
17.45kg WOW.
Weighs a lot less than mine with similar parts, and I'm running air in my forks and a Ti spring on the rear. Maybe the small is considerably lighter than a medium?

Speaking of which, how tall are you? I'm only 170cm and originally ordered a small, but was talked out of it. I'm glad now, the medium is spot on.

ALfromTheGym

Likes Bikes
Finally got round to fitting the new bars, pedals and stem/top crown.

Bars: Renthal
Pedals: Nuke Proof Neutron
Stem/Crown: Hope

Pictures to come.