New here.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Nice bike! Welcome aboard. Buy loads of tools, clothing, good shoes, mini pump, go tubeless and buy a decent hydration pack (the answer is a Henty).

If anyone tells you Yetis are for dentists, offer to remove their front teeth for free.

Have fun!
Have tools, have pump for home co2 for the trail, bike is tubeless, whiskey will degrade the hydration pack bladder.

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Was just taking a squiz at the henty, and was surprised to see that as a hip style pack it had the back pack style straps. I can sort of see a number of reasons for this, but do hip packs without the backpack set up have enough comfort/movement issues to warrant the strap setup?

Minlak

custom titis
Join a MTB club and go along to organised rides and stuff maybe maintenance days etc you will soon find other similar skilled peeps to ride with - I’m sure there would be Facebook riding groups too in your area.
You mention impaling yourself a couple of times - that doesn’t really happen here you just break collarbones- there is a whole thread for it :)

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Join a MTB club and go along to organised rides and stuff maybe maintenance days etc you will soon find other similar skilled peeps to ride with - I’m sure there would be Facebook riding groups too in your area.
You mention impaling yourself a couple of times - that doesn’t really happen here you just break collarbones- there is a whole thread for it :)
References to impaling are for comedic effect. I'm more likely to cop a pedal to the shin in the short term as I roll up to tiny kickers and decide to walk my bike around them. I think I'll save the collarbone injuries for 2022 if possible.

I'll take a look at the local clubs/fb groups.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah i justified the upgrade to the wife by explaining that if I don't get this, I'll have the wandering eye and end up with a stable of cheaper bikes. Its all good though, she gets a motorbike.

I have my rat bike, the yeti coming and if anything I can see a road bike in my distant future (when age dictates that lycra be integrated into my wardrobe)
This is a MTB safe space, you leave that filthy road chat outside!

Seriously though, well done on realising buying a nice bike can encourage you to ride more. I hope it's the orange one!

If you haven't already, get some elbow and knee pads. At the YY you'll need them.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
This is a MTB safe space, you leave that filthy road chat outside!

Seriously though, well done on realising buying a nice bike can encourage you to ride more. I hope it's the orange one!

If you haven't already, get some elbow and knee pads. At the YY you'll need them.
I like the orange, but I like the turqoise more. The orange is not my cup of tea when paired with gold on the the fox factory gear IMO.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I wish the Henty didn't have such a comically long water tube and some front strap pockets.
Tuck the excess hose inside (I also added a clip to hold mine where I want it).....and why would you want strap pockets when you have the hip strap pockets?

moorey

call me Mia
Was just taking a squiz at the henty, and was surprised to see that as a hip style pack it had the back pack style straps. I can sort of see a number of reasons for this, but do hip packs without the backpack set up have enough comfort/movement issues to warrant the strap setup?
Personal experience.....the shoulder straps just stabilise it and give you a hose route. There's really no weight on your back like a regular pack. I'm plagued with back issues, and this is a godsend. I only had a short play with a standard hip pack, and it didn't work for me at all. Henty mightn't be the coolest most endooooro pack to look at, but for me, its by far the most practical and comfortable.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Interesting. Didn't show up on the phone and the expand selections button was non responsive. From now on, I will make quips from a wired connection desktop computer.
Haha, fair call! Never noticed that before... :oops:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Personal experience.....the shoulder straps just stabilise it and give you a hose route. There's really no weight on your back like a regular pack. I'm plagued with back issues, and this is a godsend. I only had a short play with a standard hip pack, and it didn't work for me at all. Henty mightn't be the coolest most endooooro pack to look at, but for me, its by far the most practical and comfortable.
Ah yes. Hose route. I can imagine a bladder in a hip pack would be useless otherwise. Stability is good too. Thanks!

moorey

call me Mia
Interesting. Didn't show up on the phone and the expand selections button was non responsive. From now on, I will make quips from a wired connection desktop computer.
Yeah, the strike through has never been available on my phone. Not sure about tapatalk, I don't use it.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid

Came out orright I reckon, though I'll never trust youtube again. Took way longer than 17 mins....

In all honesty though, the guys at Summit Cycles got this done inside of 2 days. Legends.