New here, please be gentle

Oldelpaso

Squid
Gday everyone I wanted to introduce myself, been really getting into mtn biking the last year or so and have found the threads on here very helpful in researching bikes, locations to ride and troubleshooting repairs. I’m based 10 minutes from the tracks at Red Hill VIC so mainly riding around there and am currently on a 2018 norco sight. Always looking for new people to ride with if anyone is down this way . Cheers . Scott

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Welcome. Good luck with everything! :p

There's a lot of BS on here, but a lot of good stuff too! You just need a good filter! :)

Plenty of riders down your way so I'm sure you'll find someone to ride with. Enjoy!

And pics, you need to post photos of stuff! The bike is a good start.

Brow

Big Block
Welcome to the mad house. Live and let ride. As @wkkie said there is a fair amount of BS - some of it really good BS, but plenty of good stuff and good people too. Enjoy the banter and have fun.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Watch out for @moorey, even the rest of us mods are scared of him. Well his photos anyway.

Welcome to the forum.
@moorey is in hiding. A new user has appeared on the forum and their name is @Oldelpaso - moorey fears they might be seeking royalties for the 4,235 times he's used the image of the "Why not both?" girl across various threads of the forum.

That or he's forgotten his password or something...

(Welcome to the BS @Oldelpaso!)

Oldelpaso

Squid
@moorey is in hiding. A new user has appeared on the forum and their name is @Oldelpaso - moorey fears they might be seeking royalties for the 4,235 times he's used the image of the "Why not both?" girl across various threads of the forum.

That or he's forgotten his password or something...

(Welcome to the BS @Oldelpaso!)
The “why not both” girl picture is actually my Instagram profile picture ;)I will take any royalties I can get!

ausdb

Being who he is
Welcome aboard @Oldelpaso epic thread drift is the order of the day here, but like others have said there's lots of good info if you can filter the background noise.

I thought the reason @moorey had been so quiet was because he's secretly digging a tunnel a la great escape style so he can go and visit his in laws without getting sprung. Maybe all that training he's been doing is really just a deception so he can spread the dirt out so no one notices?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Welcome. Good luck with everything! :p

There's a lot of BS on here, but a lot of good stuff too! You just need a good filter! :)

Plenty of riders down your way so I'm sure you'll find someone to ride with. Enjoy!

And pics, you need to post photos of stuff! The bike is a good start.
Welcome. And as far as local riding sites go you've landed on your feet with Redhill. Top trails!

Oldelpaso

Squid
Can anyone fill me in on the protocol for the “trading area” I’ve done some reading and clicked some links that haven’t got me very far. I’m trying to get in touch with @Shredden about a wheel set he had for sale but not sure if my messages are getting through. Thanks in advance . Scott