New frame or new bike?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Looks alright, but I am automatically suspicious of forking out 3K+ for second hand carbon - no warranty, no knowledge of actual use.
esp if can't inspect frame in person. YMMV.
check out the sydney guy on FB complaining about dropping 11K for sworks which was re-sprayed but not an sworks - dropping 11K secondhand is nuts

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks alright, but I am automatically suspicious of forking out 3K+ for second hand carbon - no warranty, no knowledge of actual use.
esp if can't inspect frame in person. YMMV.
I think it is the AF - aluminium frame but yes second hand still probably counts you out of warranty I would imagine.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just realised you were after a 27.5 frame, I would think at your height you could look at a 29er in which case would make sense to go new bike?

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
check out the sydney guy on FB complaining about dropping 11K for sworks which was re-sprayed but not an sworks - dropping 11K secondhand is nuts
I missed that one got a link?
I have trouble dropping 11k on a second hand van let alone a mtb. I have not kept up with SWorks inflation.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
@slowmick I reckon a v3 Rune frame would be the go. you already have all the parts to build it, and it would do for everything that needs more than a hardtail. the new Rune will take a 160-180mm fork. option of 142mm dropouts, so no need to fiddle with rear wheel.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
@slowmick I reckon a v3 Rune frame would be the go. you already have all the parts to build it, and it would do for everything that needs more than a hardtail. the new Rune will take a 160-180mm fork. option of 142mm dropouts, so no need to fiddle with rear wheel.
I've got a xl near new 2019 V2 Rune I'm thinking of selling. Pm me.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk