New forum content

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Nah, 24 hours is way too short to start nuking threads, I reckon 6 weeks is fine as we don't know whats happening behind the scenes with PMs etc.

If the OP doesn't reply openly with still available/bump or sorry gone within 6 weeks , nuke away but people have lives and aren't or don't want want to be online all the time.

Edit: and as soon as I exit this thread I look at a For Sale thread for a 29 Cushcore that someone has revived from 2nd Sept that hasn't been touched by the Op since it's inception, arrggghhhh...Nuke away.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I don't care how long threads stay on the site. It could be a month or a year, or years...I don't care as long as once they are sold (or closed or withdrawn or whatever) the title us updated. But if the vendor can't be arsed keeping an eye on what is transpiring in their own for sale thread and interacting with interested parties...leaving something for any length of time beyond a day is ridiculous. How often have people be searching through the for sales and come across something they want and popped a "still for sale?" only to be left unanswered? In that scenario if the vendor isn't following their own thread they have lost interest in selling and their thread should be removed swiftly. Behaviour will evolve and adapt and either the trading section will improve or it will die.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
lol @pink poodle.. Not everyone is on here 24/7

I think it's pretty reasonable that some aren't engaged with everything that goes on here day to day; as long as they follow the template and behave ethically when they do offer their wares.

There does need to be some effort made to maintain listings though, and we're going to be tidying up the older posts in the near future.

Obviously we still want to keep the section buoyant, and some items might take a while to move but be exactly the thing that someone will end up needing.

So sellers please remember your offerings, and check in regularly..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A day? I'm thinking an hour. If people aren't glued to this site, they have no right to be posting at all.

I like the cut of ye jib!

@Tubbsy vendors should be subscribing to their threads and receiving notifications when shit happens in said thread. To support this I'm sure those members on this site responsible for the incessant shit talking in people's for sale and wtb threads would pull their dual crowned triple heads in.