New forum content

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
G'day chaps,
We're bringing some new things to the forum over the next few months but starting this week you can look forward to the revival of "Bike of the month"! @The Duckmeister is the Gentleman who will be running this thing so look forward to more from him.
Basically, each month we will run a poll on who qualifies for bike of the month from threads started during that month in the "post your ride" section. We'll encourage everyone to put up cool threads about their bike with good photos, stories behind how it came to be and I'll try to swing some prizes too. Stay tuned for some more info on this soon.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Ooooh new content aye,
“HELLOOOOOO RB IT’S YA BOI DUCKY COMIN ATCHA WOTH ANOTHER BOTM”

Reactions: Zaf

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
He said 69...

When is the bike unboxing live stream happening? That is what is going to change the world...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hows that tranny of yours coming along? Set the cam up dude
Well I haven't opened it yet...too much working. I do enjoy a good box opening ceremony - lights, loud dramatic music, fire works, sharp knife, me in the nude...used to confuse the hell out of the dogs when they were alive! It was always difficult to get friends to watch, but not impossible. I can still see him enthusiastically waving that whole burning box of sparklers while my smoke alarm is blasting and I'm pulling bits of bike out of the crc box and the dogs are yelling and running in and out of the house and flight of the Valkyrie is pumping. What a time to be alive!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I reckon some basic rules. No manufacturers with a g part way through the name. Like Ignatio, for example.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
OK, jokes aside (just for a little while), Dozer chucked this idea at me only a few days ago, so it's still pretty rough around the edges and will probably take a couple of rounds to polish up a bit. Hell, we haven't even nailed in exactly which bit of the forum to bung it in yet! :p

Anyway, the basic guts is that all new submissions to the "Post Your Ride" section each month are eligible for consideration, but the ones that pack the most "It" factor will get shortlisted for Bike Of The Month. We're not necessarily looking for the leanest, meanest, longest, lowest, slackest, blackest (actually, that last point will almost certainly exclude it from shortlisting!) thing around. We're looking for bikes that have "It". "It" is a combination of Stuff that makes the bike stand out from the pack, a sense of uniqueness. Off-the-shelf spec ain't really going to cut the mustard, it's the custom touches that give the bike "It".

So at the end of the month I'll compose a thread with the shortlisted candidates, and a poll so You Guys get to vote on them, but the polling tally will be hidden from general view; only myself and the Mod Squad will see the votes. The poll will be open for one week (well, that's the starting plan at least, may get tweaked), after which the Bike Of The Month winner will be announced, and hopefully Dozer will have something nice to chuck the lucky person's way. :)

That's pretty much where things are now, stay tuned 'cos things will be moving soon. Now shut up and leave me alone, 'cos I've got a month's worth of "Post Your Ride" reading to do! :p

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sounds like a good formula @Duckmeister. Hopefully the RB budget will stretch to send you out to each bike of the month for a ride and photos!

Ultra Lord

Black paint is an auto lose? You suck and BOTM is shit.

I don’t rip on loud, over the top bikes that scream “ REEEEEEE LOOK AT ME “ after they’ve been painted with homers makeup shotgun.

moorey

call me Mia
Black paint is an auto lose? You suck and BOTM is shit.

I don’t rip on loud, over the top bikes that scream “ REEEEEEE LOOK AT ME “ after they’ve been painted with homers makeup shotgun.
Black with white decals can look dandy, just not into murdered out frames.....but there’s a limit to how loud I can take, also. o_O

Ultra Lord

Black with white decals can look dandy, just not into murdered out frames.....but there’s a limit to how loud I can take, also. o_O
“I don’t like my bike too loud”
:rolleyes:
Yeah righto buddy. Back on ya orange

Last edited: