New Chainrings

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Burners,

I've worn the chainrings on my Spesh Epic so need to replace. The cranks and chainrings are discribed as below:

Custom SRAM S-1250, 7050 alloy arms, 10-speed XC double, PF30 spindle,
CHAINRINGS 38A x 24A, carbon shift-guard.4-bolt, 104/64mm

I've always been a Shimano guy, can I get any type of 104/ 64 chainrings as a replacement? Are there any differences between SRAM and Shimano or is it an industry standard fitting?

Also any recommendations? XT otherwise!

Cheers,

Coast

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Even though the 64/104 BCD is the same with Shimano and SRAM (Truvativ), the shimano ones will have tabs on them so they can only run with Shimano cranks (and you can’t use Shimano rings on SRAM cranks)

I’d suggest going onto eBay, getting a Truvativ 24T and 38T from a seller in Taiwan. These will suit your crank 100%. For some reason Truvativ rings are rare online, but I’ve had lots of success getting them and other items from Taiwan sellers.

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Even though the 64/104 BCD is the same with Shimano and SRAM (Truvativ), the shimano ones will have tabs on them so they can only run with Shimano cranks (and you can’t use Shimano rings on SRAM cranks)

I’d suggest going onto eBay, getting a Truvativ 24T and 38T from a seller in Taiwan. These will suit your crank 100%. For some reason Truvativ rings are rare online, but I’ve had lots of success getting them and other items from Taiwan sellers.
Many thanks!