New bike time - suggestions?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Thanks @rockmoose will keep that in my mind. :) Spur is tempting except for availability but feel 120mm might limit my adventures (hope to get to Tas next year) The versatility of the Highlander is appealing. Ben from Devaite replied and reckons a lighter build would make a great trail bike but I guess he would say that as trying to sell a bike! Getting older and fatter so a bike with bit more give would be good. See how a gentle ride on @ozzybmx fleet goes, don’t want to put a mark on his bikes as he will have to find a place to hide a body ;)
The SA bloke who bought one of the other (4) Deore Spurs at the same time as mine may still have his.
Large, in the smoke colour, was for sale earlier this year but I didn't see it sold.

I'm off all week till Monday. Tomorrow looks good weather too.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Unrelated question, is it insured?
All our bikes are insured under an 'Elders accidental damage home and contents Insurance' policy, IIRC it is underwritten by CGU and every single bicycle we own is insured up to $20,000 anywhere in Aus... apart from racing.
Not cheap but when you have a constantly changing number of bicycles, its worth it.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I wish Transition would make a 130mm/140mm 29er Scout, this would be a do it all weapon, the ultimate trail bike.

If they released one tomorrow, I'd have my order straight in.

The current 140/150 27.5 Scout is IMO best looking MTB on the planet.

View attachment 390560
Stick me down on the list for one now pls.
I really like the Spur but having an extra few mm on each end would really sell me on a Scout

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I wish Transition would make a 130mm/140mm 29er Scout, this would be a do it all weapon, the ultimate trail bike.

View attachment 390560
Essential that's why I bought the Bird Aether 9, it's the perfect balance for a trail bike that has to be ridden everywhere. Unfortunate they don't ship here at the moment, anyone want to do a group buy and become the Aus distro?

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt

From my limited riding on a mate's SPUR, I wholeheartedly agree with all of the above.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Having seen the way you puzzle over setups, I'd be terrified of this scenario
@fjohn860 still wins the battle of the mad-scientist though. Started factory, got overforked, went mullet with a longer eye-to-eye shock, and is now full 29er again with an angleset (IIRC).

But yes, I love a bit of puzzling. Pretty settled on what I like these days though.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Smuggler.
Stick me down on the list for one now pls.
I really like the Spur but having an extra few mm on each end would really sell me on a Scout
I said Smuggler dammit! :p
(That was their 29er that covered that travel-bracket.)

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Been a while since I've ridden your bike (and a couple of evolutions too), so yeah we should do a swap for a couple of trails again soon.
For sure we should, if you can stomach the red rims :p

EDIT: Correct on the angleset. Haven't measured BB height yet, but all other geo measurements are pretty much back to stock, just with 150/138mm travel instead of 140/120mm.