New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Latest update is project is looking for a new location. GVBP is no more. Back to ECBP (east coast bike park.
Damn. Took 9(?) years to map out 120km of trails on that site - so looking at 2030 before i can use my 15 year chairlift pass on this next pipe dream.

madstace

Likes Dirt
Latest update is project is looking for a new location. GVBP is no more. Back to ECBP (east coast bike park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this posted officially anywhere? Any leads on the new location? Would be good to know where they're not going to correctly lodge a DA for next (or at all) :rolleyes:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Is this posted officially anywhere? Any leads on the new location? Would be good to know where they're not going to correctly lodge a DA for next (or at all) :rolleyes:
Not that I have seen posted, I just received an email update today.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Not that I have seen posted, I just received an email update today.

As much as I didn't believe the chairlift was ever going to happen I was hoping there was going to actually be a bikepark, even if the grand opening only had half of what was promised and some came progressively afterwards.

I'm curious where they went wrong, was it just as overambitious as it looked from our jaded views?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Hey dude life's a learning process. I'm sure you got some knowledge out of this process.
No need to eat any hats.
I still hold onto the hope a new venue can be found as I don’t think they will be calling it quits just yet.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
sounds like a typical case of too many stake holders all having their input to achieve an impossible outcome..
it is a real shame, but tell me more about this ECBP you speak of?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
sounds like a typical case of too many stake holders all having their input to achieve an impossible outcome..
it is a real shame, but tell me more about this ECBP you speak of?
ECBP was just the original project name. Now that is no longer associated with the Glenworth site, I assume it will revert back to this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
These type of ventures can face many hurdles. There's been 3 parks like this try to get off the ground in SE Qld, one opened for about a year or so and just didn't make the money they thought it would then closed down, the other got past DA stage after fighting in court with greenies and then couldn't get the financial backing to go any further. The third ran into problems when the locals complained about a small wooden bridge on a public road that wouldn't handle the extra traffic, and they expected the bike park to upgrade it.