New Bike Park for Sydney - Glenworth Valley

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Great news for Sydney and long overdue. I'm assuming this secrecy must be easily overcome; plans must be before a council somewhere.

Garn, spill the beans someone!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Can someone confirm if Sydney means Sydney, or greater Sydney (i.e Central Coast, 'Gong, etc)?
I don't think Central Coast or Wollongong qualify as Sydney personally, and by the sounds of it the Wollongong trails are in the early stages of lobbying.

They're claiming gravity and downhill as features of this new secret location, so I'd expect a fair amount of elevation. Perhaps the foothills of the Blue Mountains? Or maybe something around Kuringai?

BT180

Max Pfaff
I don't think Central Coast or Wollongong qualify as Sydney personally, and by the sounds of it the Wollongong trails are in the early stages of lobbying.

They're claiming gravity and downhill as features of this new secret location, so I'd expect a fair amount of elevation. Perhaps the foothills of the Blue Mountains? Or maybe something around Kuringai?
+120km of trails so can't be Belrose. Can't wait to find out where. This one has certainly slipped under the radar.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
+120km of trails so can't be Belrose. Can't wait to find out where. This one has certainly slipped under the radar.
Maybe around Mooney Mooney/Brooklyn? A lot of elevation to play with there, still qualifies as Sydney probably, train station and food etc.

Not sure what, if any national park restrictions are a thing here.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Should be interesting for sure...
- Not Belrose, unless they're tying in the entire Garigal, Cascades & Terrey Hills into that "120km". And isn't Dirt Art already involved in Belrose?
- Perhaps The Moo gets a huge upgrade and links into all of the above? :D :D
- Unlikely to be in the Gong area, because Greenvalleys (which is where the current picture on the website is from)

So only leaves Central Coast area...
- Perhaps a giant plan for Brisbane Waters/Umina/Blackwall/Bouddi/Kincumber area?
- Maybe on the other side in and around Mt White/Glenworth Valley?

All complete speculation at this point, but bloody excited to find out. Especially if it's Sydney/North, as being in Hornsby I freaking LOVE Greenvalleys, but freaking DON'T LOVE the 2.5 - 3 hour drive!

Bring it on Synergy, gonna be huge!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Time will tell. All good candidate locations.

Add possibly somewhere near Yellomundee which has some elevation change and mix of MTB'ing around there already plus cheaper land.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
@Mr Crudley Ah true, and Synergy have a long experience with the BMCC through working on the Knapsack trail & Oaks Sniggle...

Haha, if they link into Oaks/Andos, that's 100km right there! ;) :D (Dunno if Oaks would be considered bike-park though!)

scblack

Leucocholic
I think possibly Illawarra escarpment, they did just release a statement saying the area is being scoped out for MTB plans.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Come on!! We have been lobbying for years but still not turning dirt. I hope we are past the early stages:

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/in...ke-draft-strategy-public-consultation.313722/

Sounds like this is going to be in private land like a GreenValkeys set up.

It is great to see Synergy involved. They did some initial design stuff here in the Gong in the early days to help our tourism group understand the huge potential of MTB