Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
In stock and selling now.

[video=youtube;MYNVN5QgTp4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYNVN5QgTp4[/video]

Last edited:

Grip

Looks great Grip.
What's the pricing for the 2 and 2+2 ?
Cheers Creaky, but I'd suggest you check out our website. All the prices are there and the reality is we have quite a few different models of the 2-bike.

moorey

call me Mia
Forgot to ask in pm.....wife wanted to know...number plate mount and lights are included and attached?

featherplucker

Likes Bikes
Looks good. Daresay, I'll end up with one very soon now that I'm back from Canada. Speaking of, have you guys looked into a vertical design like the north shore or swagman jackknife racks? They're all over North America and work quite well.

moorey

call me Mia
Can vouch for the quality of the Tilty 2+2. Banged it together yesterday and tested briefly. Wife loves it. Nuf sed...aside from the product review I'll attempt when I get to a PC. Thanks John.

spikenet

Likes Dirt
I've had my tilty for a few weeks, overall very happy, even tho I had a bike fall off at awaba and I dragged it some 100's of meters before someone alerted me to. its a real trick to get the clamp right when you have bikes of various sizes. I'm still coming to terms with it and now resort to using straps on the wheel so they can't shake out of the hoops, and around the top tube "just in case".
One of the pics shows the issues with not being able to put the clamp at the lowest part of the frame. I imagine an upright for each bike would solve it but possibly hard to engineer it whilst retaining the pivot...

Attachments

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Jebus! Not sure why you would try that attack angle, and expect any 4 carrier not to have issues?
Did you preload forks a bit when fitting clamp? Can't imagine it possible for bike to come out if fitted properly. Once wheel is in that hoop, it's impossible for it to move forward or back if clamp is secure.

Grip

I've had my tilty for a few weeks, overall very happy, even tho I had a bike fall off at awaba and I dragged it some 100's of meters before someone alerted me to. its a real trick to get the clamp right when you have bikes of various sizes. I'm still coming to terms with it and now resort to using straps on the wheel so they can't shake out of the hoops, and around the top tube "just in case".
One of the pics shows the issues with not being able to put the clamp at the lowest part of the frame. I imagine an upright for each bike would solve it but possibly hard to engineer it whilst retaining the pivot...
Hi Spikenet, sorry to hear a bike came out, but that's sure to be an issue with the way they're loaded because (thankfully) that just doesn't happen. I can see one issue already... your photo shows you've loaded the front wheels into the taco channels. As per the fitting instructions, it's only the REAR wheel that goes in them. Please feel free to call us (0394662553) if you continue to have a problem because I'm sure we can sort it for you and advise on bike loading etc :)

Grip

Indica.... yes

Featherplucker... yes, but not the market for them here like in North America.

Moorey... thanks for the kind words and you're welcome.

spikenet

Likes Dirt
As per the fitting instructions, it's only the REAR wheel that goes in them. Please feel free to call us (0394662553) if you continue to have a problem because I'm sure we can sort it for you and advise on bike loading etc :)
Hi Grip, I have in recently been loading them rear wheel in the hoop as per the top pic, but as you can see, if the car moves violently to the left that bike could hop out of the hoop then fall off. The angle of the top tube is such that the wheel can climb out of the hoop and the front wheel will drop outside the taco. This happened on my bike even tho I use those bungee straps on the taco wheel.
Sadly, as I got this rack 2nd hand I didnt get those instructions, I was actually told they are more secure putting the front wheel in the hoop.

Jebus! Not sure why you would try that attack angle, and expect any 4 carrier not to have issues?
Did you preload forks a bit when fitting clamp? Can't imagine it possible for bike to come out if fitted properly. Once wheel is in that hoop, it's impossible for it to move forward or back if clamp is secure.
Moorey, not sure what your reffering to talking about angle of attach.. the ditch or the bike top-tube?

Also, if life has taught me anything, nothing is impossible. I crank those tie-down straps as hard as possible and normally its not an issue, just when offroad on rough trails and everything is moving around ALOT! Attached is a solution that give me confidence it will stay put.

Attachments

Grip

Hi Grip, I have in recently been loading them rear wheel in the hoop as per the top pic, but as you can see, if the car moves violently to the left that bike could hop out of the hoop then fall off. The angle of the top tube is such that the wheel can climb out of the hoop and the front wheel will drop outside the taco. This happened on my bike even tho I use those bungee straps on the taco wheel.
Sadly, as I got this rack 2nd hand I didnt get those instructions, I was actually told they are more secure putting the front wheel in the hoop.

OK, lets get this sorted for you ;)

Firstly, lockout the suspension then put the FRONT wheel in the hoop. Try it before you do any driving by simply rolling the bike to either side of the rack. If it still wants to roll out of the rack and your straps wont stop that, give me a call and we'll send you wheel hoops to replace the tacos. That will make it even harder for a bike to roll out because both wheels would have to climb out of their hoops and that would actually be lifting the top tube up into the hook even tighter. Let me know.

scblack

Leucocholic
I have had a Hi-Ride for years and never had a bike come loose, not even close. And that includes fitting roadies, DH, XC, kids bikes of all sizes and shapes. And many many times with odd-shaped bikes on each side of the mast.

With the single mast operating to two bikes - once you have the top tube clamps wedged down, with two bikes fixed in place properly it should not be possible for either bike to work its way loose, as the lateral movement works against the other top tube, as long as the rubber top tube clamps are strapped down properly.

moorey

call me Mia

Moorey, not sure what your reffering to talking about angle of attach.. the ditch or the bike top-tube?

Also, if life has taught me anything, nothing is impossible. I crank those tie-down straps as hard as possible and normally its not an issue, just when offroad on rough trails and everything is moving around ALOT! Attached is a solution that give me confidence it will stay put.
The ditch....

spikenet

Likes Dirt
The ditch....
ah ok, I put the pics in the ditch to demonstrate how good the departure angle is. Its a rugged off-road rack so I not sure why you reacted the way you did about it being "off road".

Dont get me wrong, I really like the rack, I'm lacking full confidence in getting it to hold the bikes when offroad. So I've resorted to using other straps to ensure I dont get a bike falling out of the rack again.

Grip: thanks for the offer, I will call you tomorrow as I'd like to get it sorted, I have a huge array of bikes and getting the clamp low on frames is a problem. I was hoping to avoid dual hoops as its way more convienient with the taco...

Here is a pic of the configuration the day the last bike jumped out of the rack..

Attachments