AM Never again...well not quite

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
I did say never again but being well priced, decent geo and not handled by Leo surely I'll have better luck. Call it a 2nd chance for Pole.

Pole Taival XL
NSR Mezzer @ 150mm
Hayes Dominion A4 w/ TRP rotors
DT Swiss 350/EX471 wheelset
Sram GX AXS w/ alloy oversize pulley
Sram XX1 chain
Garbaruk 10-52T Cassette
Praxis Works Cadet2 cranks
Spinup Oval ring
HT X2 pedals
Pro Taper 30mm stem
Ergotec 70mm rise 12° bars
One up 200mm dropper
SQLab saddle & grips
Schwalbe Nobby Nic

PXL_20230222_085918398~2_copy_1197x1044.jpg
PXL_20230222_085926489~2_copy_1632x1228.jpg

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Hahahahahahaha. It's a bit like swearing to never to listen Kanye again and rediscovering how awesome Dark Twisted Fantasy is.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, that looks excellent. I particularly liked the longer rear centre on the Taival. I'm interested to hear how it rides! With 150mm on the front it should be a very nice ride.

What's the rise on those bars? Looks like 60mm+?

XL riders generally get short changed for stack.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Only had one ride so far. Soft compound on the front has some good initial grip feelings. Need some more time on them.

Feels great to ride size wise, like it fits me without comprise. Will move up to 160mm for some more bar height. I have 70mm rise bars on all my bikes now after trying out Aston's recommendations. Do seem to get short changed on stack. Shouldn't have to run spacers!

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Ooft. Love to hear some real world feedback on the Intends.

Which model and what axle did you go for?
Yet to have some proper rides. Went with the linearizer so bit more more tinkering to be had.

Edge @160mm with 15mm axle. Wanted 20mm but already had the wheelset. Only my 'trail' fork so won't notice the difference. The Dorado is for the big stuff.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Yet to have some proper rides. Went with the linearizer so bit more more tinkering to be had.

Edge @160mm with 15mm axle. Wanted 20mm but already had the wheelset. Only my 'trail' fork so won't notice the difference. The Dorado is for the big stuff.
Keep a close eye on the pressures with the linearizer. The little o ring can get a little overwhelmed quite quickly and air transfers from the high to the lower chamber resulting in a loss of sensitivity.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Keep a close eye on the pressures with the linearizer. The little o ring can get a little overwhelmed quite quickly and air transfers from the high to the lower chamber resulting in a loss of sensitivity.
Sounds similar to what can what happens to Mezzers when there's a lack of grease on the o-ring. Thanks for the tip.

After getting a shock pump with a longer thread have been able to test some pressures. Running 10psi under recommended so far which performed well over the weekend. Getting used to how to ride this first is my main priority. A 5th place on a race stage Strava out of 2000 people was surprise.
PXL_20230319_033353626~2_copy_1200x1594.jpg