Nerfonomics

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

As Professor PoopyButthole would say "Oooooh Weeee"
It's great how our 'leading economists' collectively can't work out why employment won't go down while vast swathes of people are now suffering financial duress.

I mean, it's not like people suffering financially are desperate and take any job they can get. It's not like the fact the statisticians count casual, part-time and zero-hour contracts as "employed" despite the fact a person might need several of those types of jobs to accumulate a living wage.

Unfortunately I think the Reserve Bank know exactly what they're doing, and it's not in the interest of the general public but all for the benefit of their friends at the top of the corporate ladder. Privately-owned bank being operated to benefit private interests, surprise surprise.

jrewing

Eats Squid
It's great how our 'leading economists' collectively can't work out why employment won't go down while vast swathes of people are now suffering financial duress.

I mean, it's not like people suffering financially are desperate and take any job they can get. It's not like the fact the statisticians count casual, part-time and zero-hour contracts as "employed" despite the fact a person might need several of those types of jobs to accumulate a living wage.

Unfortunately I think the Reserve Bank know exactly what they're doing, and it's not in the interest of the general public but all for the benefit of their friends at the top of the corporate ladder. Privately-owned bank being operated to benefit private interests, surprise surprise.
They want all the printed Covid money that’s still sitting in extra house repayments. They believe it belongs to them.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Shiiite, banks are starting to go down in the US, not a good sign folks.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Shiiite, banks are starting to go down in the US, not a good sign folks.

Well that accelerated quickly.
Silicon Valley Bank closed in secon...logy/2023/03/09/silicon-valley-bank-shares/

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Well that accelerated quickly.
Silicon Valley Bank closed in second-biggest bank failure in U.S. history https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/03/09/silicon-valley-bank-shares/

Yeah, they put a trade halt on it after premarket, it was down to $38 from $267 at one stage. It shows how easily banks can fall when they run out of money, apparently they bought up big on bonds and they had to sell them at a loss to pay people their money, and plus they yielded bugger all interest.

1678490100801.png

Last edited:

jrewing

Eats Squid
Strap in lads! It’s happening.
but the environment will bankrupt us first.. I mean kill us first.
again I’m fine with this because I made peace with my identity on letterheads.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Strap in lads! It’s happening.
but the environment will bankrupt us first.. I mean kill us first.
again I’m fine with this because I made peace with my identity on letterheads.
This is me in the world, and just waiting for the Daleks to come, exterminate, exterminate, exterminate.

marionette-puppet.gif

Flow-Rider

Burner
Federal budget set to scrap tax cuts, costing average Aussies $600

More than 10 million middle-income Australians will cop one of the largest tax increases in Australian history after the May federal budget.
The record breaking tax hike comes as households are grappling with high interest rates and skyrocketing costs of living.

That means a person earning $50,000 a year will be subject to a 3.4 per cent or $29 a week cut in their after-tax income when the offset ends in the new financial year.

While someone on earning an average wage of $90,000 will face a 2.1 per cent cut.

A person on $100,000 will be $1200 worse off with the end of the offset.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Federal budget set to scrap tax cuts, costing average Aussies $600

More than 10 million middle-income Australians will cop one of the largest tax increases in Australian history after the May federal budget.
The record breaking tax hike comes as households are grappling with high interest rates and skyrocketing costs of living.

That means a person earning $50,000 a year will be subject to a 3.4 per cent or $29 a week cut in their after-tax income when the offset ends in the new financial year.

While someone on earning an average wage of $90,000 will face a 2.1 per cent cut.

A person on $100,000 will be $1200 worse off with the end of the offset.
I smell bullshit. They would axe the stage 3 cuts first.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I smell bullshit. They would axe the stage 3 cuts first.

No, this was when the stage 2 tax cuts, as implemented were due to end.

There is certainly no money in the kitty to extend them.

But yes, considering the precipice, we should axe the stage 3 cuts.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
No, this was when the stage 2 tax cuts, as implemented were due to end.

There is certainly no money in the kitty to extend them.

But yes, considering the precipice, we should axe the stage 3 cuts.
Pick a political side of your preferred colour and either will do whatever they like once they get the keys to the lodge.

Submarines don't buy themselves.