Nerfonomics

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
Can I point out that the cities with affordable cheaper houses are the same ones with low paying jobs.

PS
There are no 1 bedroom units in Sydney within an hours travel of the CBD for $500K or less.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Can I point out that the cities with afforable cheaper houses are the same ones with low paying jobs.

PS
There are no 1 bedroom units in Sydney within an hours travel of the CBD for $500K or less.
I'll just state the obvious, If you already have a high paying job, you won't have any problems servicing a higher loan.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I'll just state the obvious, If you already have a high paying job, you won't have any problems servicing a higher loan.
I know of someone with a $1M, near as fuck is to swearing, home loan. They sold their last place for a $270k profit. Burned that buying a family car using the lot and will then throw another $250k into a leased car for hubby. Combined income? Under $200k pa. Got me confused.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I know of someone with a $1M, near as fuck is to swearing, home loan. They sold their last place for a $270k profit. Burned that buying a family car using the lot and will then throw another $250k into a leased car for hubby. Combined income? Under $200k pa. Got me confused.
That's the type of stuff my brother does, owes banks and ATO a shit ton of money and then buys a 8k bed suite.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Have they even tried not being poor though?
He just jealous because they haven't borrowed to the hilt, the guy is living a dream now, even fairy tail I would say. Most of his kids have grown up and moved out, he used the money he saved to start a glazier business. I'm not sure if they're still living with that arrangement but they were still better off doing that, than rent a home and waste money.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
He just jealous because they haven't borrowed to the hilt, the guy is living a dream now, even fairy tail I would say. Most of his kids have grown up and moved out, he used the money he saved to start a glazier business. I'm not sure if they're still living with that arrangement but they were still better off doing that, than rent a home and waste money.
I'm jealous? Lol

Calvin27

Eats Squid
As expected another rate rise. Methinks RBA chicken to do a 0.5% with rubbery data, but gonna raise a bit and send warning shots of more to come.

Flow-Rider

Burner
As expected another rate rise. Methinks RBA chicken to do a 0.5% with rubbery data, but gonna raise a bit and send warning shots of more to come.
I would say so, the problem isn't so much future rapid inflation at this point in time but the cost of living for many is so high ATM. If you have a look at where most household's income gets spent, those expenditures are very high in value., things like rents, insurances, health services.

jrewing

Eats Squid
What’s the rba thinking. Interest rates are definitely slowing spending. The figures I’ve heard on repayments for people are astronomical.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Treasurer needs to have legs broken… then job taken just to see what life is like in reality. Enjoy the shit health system and mortgage pressures like a big percentage does.

Flow-Rider

Burner
What’s the rba thinking. Interest rates are definitely slowing spending. The figures I’ve heard on repayments for people are astronomical.
People were very gullible in thinking that the official cash rate would remain low, but it's a catch 22, if they let inflation runaway people become poor like the wage chart I posted above. The govt could have intervened with policy to cap prices on necessity goods.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
The govt could have intervened with policy to cap prices on necessity goods.
And what about the costs to produce those goods having gone up? Who pays that bill?

There's no silver bullet. I read a headline today that sums it up - "too much, too late"

Flow-Rider

Burner
And what about the costs to produce those goods having gone up? Who pays that bill?

There's no silver bullet. I read a headline today that sums it up - "too much, too late"
It's no different from one company undercutting another by working cheaper. The economy is just one big pyramid, they've cut the price of transport containers and fuel, how much of this has reached retail?