Nerfonomics

Flow-Rider

Burner
But, You were allowed to smoke in your workplace :p No need to go out in the freezing cold
I worked part time while I was at school in a machine shop for a fabrication firm, safety was up to your own discretion. I can remember someone cutting bolts with an oxy and just leaving the hot bolts on the ground, I had those old t-boots with the sole like hard plastic and the hot burning bolt impregnates itself into the sole of the boot.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I worked part time while I was at school in a machine shop for a fabrication firm, safety was up to your own discretion. I can remember someone cutting bolts with an oxy and just leaving the hot bolts on the ground, I had those old t-boots with the sole like hard plastic and the hot burning bolt impregnates itself into the sole of the boot.
Even now, I've got boots with "coils" melted into them from hot swarf off the lathe

Flow-Rider

Burner
Even now, I've got boots with "coils" melted into them from hot swarf off the lathe
We had swarf comps when the managers weren't around, like who could make the longest piece of swarf. I recall we had old wooden pallets to stand on but your boots would be full of sharp swarf, as the soles wore down sometimes the swarf poked through. One of the fitters made an acetylene bomb out of an old welding glove, there was some nervous lying that day. :D

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
At one of my high schools the D&T teacher was a bit of a joker (same teacher as the go-kart incident). One lesson he had the class fuckwit fire up the oxy torch. As his fuckwit leant down and hit the sparks the teacher slammed a hammer onto the nearby anvil. The fuckwit dove across the floor as the rest of us laughed our arses off, ears ringing from the bang.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
We had swarf comps when the managers weren't around, like who could make the longest piece of swarf. I recall we had old wooden pallets to stand on but your boots would be full of sharp swarf, as the soles wore down sometimes the swarf poked through. One of the fitters made an acetylene bomb out of an old welding glove, there was some nervous lying that day. :D
Many years ago CASA were doing a safety walk through at an airline I worked for (what's that skip?).

One ballzy joker decided to make a dry-ice and water bomb which he dropped in a round galvanized metal bin that was full of rag-on-a-roll. When it went off, that area of the hangar was snowing tissue paper.

Lots of personnel "couldn't recall seeing anything" that day :D:p

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Many years ago CASA were doing a safety walk through at an airline I worked for (what's that skip?).

One ballzy joker decided to make a dry-ice and water bomb which he dropped in a round galvanized metal bin that was full of rag-on-a-roll. When it went off, that area of the hangar was snowing tissue paper.

Lots of personnel "couldn't recall seeing anything" that day :D:p
now we know the real reason ansett went bust

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Do they know you are tracking them ? (just like the bank)
Of course they do, I'll say "well fed today mate, 3 x HJ transactions"

They are both 16yr old, probably in the next year or so they can get their own accounts. Either when they ask or I decide they should have their own financial privacy.

jrewing

Eats Squid
So how much jump in 1 months time? If it goes up again surely it’s panic stations for the leveraged.
What businesses get affected most by this?

I reckon the RBA will leave it alone now, wait and see the impact of the interest rate rises.

Anyone in strife from these rate rises is either greedy or a noob, no way rates were going to remain this low.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I reckon the RBA will leave it alone now, wait and see the impact of the interest rate rises.

Anyone in strife from these rate rises is either greedy or a noob, no way rates were going to remain this low.
They've already said they're gonna do more in the coming months. Just not likley to be as high. Will be based on "data and outcomes" which kind of sounds like they've been throwing darts at post it notes up untill now lol.

I just want it to go waaaay up, so it can go waaay down before I'm off my fixed in 2024 lol.

Well see what happens when Pelosi lands in Taiwan tomorrow. Things could get a bit worse by the end of the week

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
So how much jump in 1 months time? If it goes up again surely it’s panic stations for the leveraged.
What businesses get affected most by this?
Probably between 0.1 and 0.3. Panic stations only for those without disposable income or savings to cushion. But it's OK, according to the RBA everyone has saved well over the pandemic. Lol.

Kind of perverse.

Most businesses will be impacted. The theory is reduced buying power, results in reduced spending, resulting in less demand, increasing competition and taking pressure of supply. Less spending across the board affects most businesses. First to feel it will be hospo, then retail.