Nerfonomics

Flow-Rider

Burner
Easy @steve jobs' pancreas !!! You're just a pancreas not a bigbrain. I can see nothing wrong with the federal government stimulating the economy while their central bank tries to slow it down. It's the economy stupid! Let's just kick back and enjoy the roller coaster ride.
Yeah but household debt in Aus is at crazy levels, I'm not sure a lot of people know what they've got themselves into yet.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Problem with money printing is that it's "worked" for almost a decade probably because everyone was doing it and the fact that our methods of measuring inflation seem broken (and have been hiding the true much higher rate of inflation).
When William F Meehan III says:

“For those of us willing to admit that we don’t really understand how the U.S. Government can continue to fund its deficit spending…for the first time U.S. debt is now about equal to GDP (Gross Domestic Product), like the sound barrier we once thought if we hit it we might explode…this column will try to explain.”

I don’t feel so bad.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Oh man, the glory days of the high Aud to Pound, reminiscing about those cheap Hope parts from CRC again. :cool:
Heading there in a few days. Will walk the shop floor of CRC and search for the bargains of old.
Not holding much hope though.

Wouldn't mind the pound tanking some more in the next week or so.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You monster, I've already seen some mortgagees in possession, it's certainly a sign of what's to come.
A bunch of commercial stuff popped up around here, coupled with a lot of long term vacancies. But I'm not interested in that stuff, I'll be patient.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Heading there in a few days. Will walk the shop floor of CRC and search for the bargains of old.
Not holding much hope though.

Wouldn't mind the pound tanking some more in the next week or so.
Here come the shopping trolleys full of Shimano and SRAM ;).

A bunch of commercial stuff popped up around here, coupled with a lot of long term vacancies. But I'm not interested in that stuff, I'll be patient.
Commercial is a tough market to be involved with, one of the only private bike parks here on the Goldcoast is going up for sale (80 acres of land), they also have a golf course coupled on there but I bet the land tax killed what profit they made.

jrewing

Eats Squid
So one should hold out buying a house atm hey? I’ve got until June then the lease ends.

inflation can be handled by taking the reins off of the green greed agenda. Culling 50% of a lazy ass public servants.
Inflation down, unemployment up. Done

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
So one should hold out buying a house atm hey? I’ve got until June then the lease ends.

inflation can be handled by taking the reins off of the green greed agenda. Culling 50% of a lazy ass public servants.
I'd personally hold off, but different areas of states seem to be responding differently ATM. CBD areas of major cities have taken a bit of a hit but you will have a clearer picture of what's going to happen after the next few rate rises I would say.

67479807_2886339108103425_7222362141041360896_n.jpg

unemployment is regarded as a way of regulating inflation

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I'd personally hold off, but different areas of states seem to be responding differently ATM. CBD areas of major cities have taken a bit of a hit but you will have a clearer picture of what's going to happen after the next few rate rises I would say.
This is what I'm banking on, I think in the next 12 months things will level out (but who knows really).

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
Current interest rates are not high from a historical perspective, but they are higher than people have seen for a few years.
Spending slows down. house prices drop (a little). Its not about the actual financial situation we are in at the moment but how people feel about it.

Annoying for us as we want to sell in Sydney and buy in coastal NSW. No rush, just wait for better (or worse) conditions.

Similar situation with jobs, they are available but people are nervous.
Confidence is slowly returning and more business are realising they need to spend money to make money.
Looks to me like early 2023 a lot of people will change jobs, mainly to catch up on pay rises they have not been receiving.

And don't listen to the economists; "what is happening now will continue to happen" ROTFLMAO

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
It's a given that there will be people in stressed financial situations making tough decisions, but there are a number of yet unknown variables that could scuttle your hopes of any bargains in the medium term.