Nerang outlook

lachie73

Cannon Fodder
Hi guys I've just got back into downhill and I'm looking at doing a trip to the coast. I was hoping someone would be able to help me out with the riding at Nerang outlook. For example, directions there, tracks and where they begin, tracks for what level of riders etc.

cheers

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Hey mate, it's fairly common knowledge where the track is, but I can't remember the name of the street it's on. Ask at the Nerang bike shop, they're more than happy to steer you in the right direction. As for the riding, pack your biggest bike and your balls. I doubt there's anyone who goes to outlook and is disappointed with the size of the features there.

For the first run start from the bottom and push up, that way you can see the jumps and know what you're in for.

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
^like flam said.
Yep, you'll find a great crew there and plenty of good vibes. I'll be there for most of the weekend, like many others.
After bringing some "big balls", might want to pack some protection in your bag too!

PM if you need some directions, but no one is going to post it.

good luck

iridedh

Likes Dirt
Hi guys I've just got back into downhill and I'm looking at doing a trip to the coast. I was hoping someone would be able to help me out with the riding at Nerang outlook. For example, directions there, tracks and where they begin, tracks for what level of riders etc.

cheers
as far as level of riders goes, i think outlook its the most intense track in australia!!!!
yes there is b lines!!! but definetelly not a begginers track
my opinion

That guy

Likes Bikes
On the topic of Outlook, does anyone know whether it's looking safe from developers at this point? I remember a while back there was a bit of talk about it getting knocked down.

Absolutely awesome track and enough things there to scare you silly.

Last edited:

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt

cheers
Go to Worley Drive off Gilston Rd. Drive to the end, park and walk up to the right. Be prepared to soil yourself.

Yes I have posted the directions, because the boys up there now have a club, they have been negotiating with council and there is a good chance all will work out well for the Outlook. There has been a major change in attitude from Qld Parks and Wildlife re the Nerang NP and the GC city council has some staff who are fairly proactive re the Outlook (a little scared but pro-active) thanks to coordinated meetings through the Qld Outdoor Recreation Foundation. Look after the place, be nice to the residents (some like to watch) and please don't try to blame anyone if you screw up and get scabs.

Last edited:

raso

Likes Bikes
Theres a whole mob of older gents rocking exceeding average bikes and absolutely sending it. The riding is great and the vibe there is even better.
I hope you dont mean me ! I am only 42 and a brand new sc nomad is anything but exceeding average lol

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the best thing about outlook is that there is always! People there... Whether it be kids on hardtails or guys on brand new V10s... There is always someone happy to ride with you!

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
Theres a whole mob of older gents rocking exceeding average bikes and absolutely sending it. The riding is great and the vibe there is even better.

Your quotes just get better and better!

Yep, 40+, feeling like 16 again at the outlook!
To the OP, mate if your just turned 65, rock up in a Winnebago.....no one cares.
As long as you say g'day, have fun, add to the vibe and dont leave any mess...Oh....and the Winny has a fridge full of beer!! ;)

Cheers

That guy

Likes Bikes
Was just down on Saturday, had an awesome couple of hours. People aren't kidding, vibe there is pretty sweet and and absolute ton of stuff to ride.

morticus

Likes Dirt
Yeah me too, i was checking it with the GF while on holidays. You guys rip and have built the most insane features ive seen on Aussie soil. Awesome blokes to have a chat with too, unlike some places you ride. Mad props for all the work boys and cant wait to get up there and rip it with you one day soon. The new demo is going to love it!

pom'pote

Squid
Hi everyone,

I'm new on the gold coast area. I stay near of coolangatta, if someone want to ride at Outlook during the week, or week end, PM me ! If you are on my road, no soucy for shuttle.

I seen 3 guys on DH bike, in nerang forest the last week, but I have not dared to speak without my bike, and my poor english!:peep:

morticus

Likes Dirt
I'm keen to see some new footage of this side of the hill. Only stuff i can find is in the "fying kiwi" vid on you tube. It wasn't being ridden when i was up there checking it out. Would love to see a head cam from top to bottom... hint hint!