Much needed sound effect for this post

tojo

Likes Bikes
it has potential to be a good thread. Lots of cool riding happening up here. 100km race happening in a few weeks. Perfect time of year to be out exploring. The Darwin riders are just to busy out riding to be on here posting.

Andy.G

Likes Dirt
The 100 is actually next week - personally and very unfortunately clashes for me with state BMX titles in Nhulunbuy same wekend. :(

Yep, noted about out riding with the DORCS ... I was out with 'em this afternoon ... :)

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Shouldn't we just be more concerned with riding anyway? After all, all that time on the keyboard is just taking time away from riding.

As for me, I just wish that work wouldn't get in the way of riding so much.

Andy.G

Likes Dirt
True ... I wonder how some of the all-day every-day protagonists here on Farkin ever get to ride !!!

I have been training every day this week (one day in the gym), and I am off again in ten minutes or so for yet another 2 - 3 hour ride ... Shift work and kids at school helps. Ain't no work being done in the garden though !!! And it's raining palm fronds at the moment. I'll pick 'em up after the Otway Odyssey ...

Hmmm, Wallaby-Holtze / Howard Springs today ???

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
I'm intending to head in for an early morning CDNP session tomorrow morning.

However, every other time I intend to do such a thing, it generally doesn't happen. Thankfully I'm not working tomorrow so I'll see how I go.

ripper323

Likes Dirt
Hey guys good to see there are a few members on here from sunny Darwin.
I've only been up here for a few months, just wondering where are some good places to ride? Are there any dirt jumps that are readily accessible? Are there any good, fun trails to ride?

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
I'm intending to head in for an early morning CDNP session tomorrow morning.

However, every other time I intend to do such a thing, it generally doesn't happen. Thankfully I'm not working tomorrow so I'll see how I go.
Must be some sort of karmic imbalance. Twice on the weekend. As well as an early work knock off this afternoon for another attempt at riding away from trail bikers.

I'm sure it won't last.

sitrus7

Likes Bikes
I'm coming up to work in darwin for a couple of weeks. Should I bring my bike? Does anyone want to show me around? I'm bringing a Trance cos I dont think there is much DH around.

Andy.G

Likes Dirt
Bring the Trance it would be perfect.
Check out www.dorc.com.au
Rides/races every weekend - and tues/thurs afternoon/evening.

When are you coming ?? It's about to start gettin' muddy, if and when the rains really kick in. Don't forget a hydration pack.

Drop in to K9 cycles in Coconut Grove, or Cyclezone in town for info on where the action is ...

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Bring the Trance it would be perfect.
Check out www.dorc.com.au
Rides/races every weekend - and tues/thurs afternoon/evening.

When are you coming ?? It's about to start gettin' muddy, if and when the rains really kick in. Don't forget a hydration pack.

Drop in to K9 cycles in Coconut Grove, or Cyclezone in town for info on where the action is ...
Don't forget the RID either, unless you intend on never stopping on the trail. DORCs don't stop on account of rain either.

tojo

Likes Bikes
Hey tojo, what are you doing in Dawin? I heard you never made it?
I live here. Dunno who ya heard that from!! All this stuff about riding in Darwin is beginning to inspire me. Keep posting guys and maybe it will inspire me enough to go for a ride myself!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Did anyone else get the significance of what I posted?

Not a shot at you tojo, it's a reference to something.

Andy.G

Likes Dirt
I'm guessin' Johnny was alluding to the 60+ bombing raids the Japanese carried out on Darwin duuring WW2, starting 19 Feb 1942 ... The commonly used name for the Japanese forces was 'Tojo' ... named for the Japanese Prime Minister of the day, ex Army General, Hideki Tojo.

You indeed slipped past me Johnny .... So much for the defences of Darwin :eek:

Last edited: