MTBR.com

BJ-

Rota Imports
much superior and more user friendly interface...and less different forum sections...ive been a memeber for a while now and only just starting recently posting but...the reason behind it is i dont entirely like the interface etc...i much prefer MTBR...on MTBR you can also do alot more with ur prfile and over all the interface its alot simpler...sorry im bagging on ur site and all...i really like the fact its aussie and one of the biggest and most popular aussie forums at that and i really like ur classified secition (would be good tho if i could become a member) ridemonkey is also liek farkin...a lil less user friendly...and pink bike...well dont get me started on pink bike...but yeh the forum is kool just a couple of changes would be kool...

so more like MTBR.com...

(i really like te smilies...coz they move :D )

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
lol, I'll just crawl back into my cave then. Do you also hate the band I like?

DOM

Eats Squid
bloody hell ... we earn upwards of 100k each a year running this website .. plus your holiday home in the greek islands .. and your bently ..

get to it.

nah ... thanks for the opinion ..

like all things that are complicated .. spend some time on it and youll be right.

I have never posted or been apart of mtbr.com .. id probably find it confusing ??

Rik

logged out
Out of interest, could you elaborate on what makes the MTBR forums simpler and give them a better interface? You've made a point, but can you detail what the differences are, and how they affect you?

I just checked it out, they use VBB forum software, vs the phpBB software here. There isn't a huge amount of difference between the softwares if you're a casual/regular user, and I found it isn't hard to jump between them. Probably the biggest problem for me is the preview and submit buttons are switched between the different softwares.
VBB costs money too, so maybe Scott should take a chunk out of his 6 figure income, and drive his Bently to the computer store near his holiday home, and buy new software :D
Really, when it comes down to it, it's about familiarity. If we switched to VBB, we'd probably confuzzle half the members on here whilst they adapt. Same goes with users of VBB forums coming on to phpBB, you just have to learn and adapt. Once you get past the initial stages, it's pretty straightforward.
But I don't get it, you say Ridemonkey is like Farkin in terms of interface, yet Ridemonkey uses the same software that MTBR does, and Pinkbike uses the same software as Farkin. I guess it goes futher than just what software they use, down to how it's used... which is out of my depths. So I'll stop talking like I know something, and let Scott answer any more questions ;)

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Scott said:
Do you also hate the band I like?
Your band sucks. I hate you and I hate the band you like. Whichever that is.

...now I'm gonna go masturbate...

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
so BJ- if you dislike how this forums works..... dont go on it?
mtbr.. may be a alright site in your eyes. my self i prefer FARKIN, and i am sure many others do just beauce it is less crowded and more layed back, plus it is australian.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DOM said:
I have never posted or been apart of mtbr.com .. id probably find it confusing ??
Umm, you'd probably find it sux.. :idea:

Was a good site many years ago, but since the introduction of Farkin,HCOR etc.....it's crap in comparison.
50% of the reveiws are simply bullshit, and oh so many wanker members....... :eek:

S.

ex offender
MTBR has quite a number of very helpful, informative, intelligent people... who are totally drowned out by the number of idiots and "tech heads" who have NFI what they're talking about, yet feel the need to jam the forums chockers with misinformation and opinionated "objectivity". There's also the huge arguments/slanging matches which aren't debates at all, just people wanting to punch each other via the internet.

Worse still, it's home to Zonic Man and Pete.

Oh and the reviews, well about 80% of them are totally worthless because they're posted by people who are either a) exceptionally biased, or b) really wanting to believe that everything they own is the greatest ever and totally indestructible and that they're not a dumbshit for spending $stupid on a new bike/part which in actual fact, does suck. The other 20% are usually "written" (or an approximation of such) by people who are too illiterate and unintelligible to make any sense of at all. Every now and then you stumble across a review and think "yeah, that makes sense, yep sounds like he's honest about it, knows what he's talking about, etc etc" but that's kind of like finding alluvial gold. Just doesn't happen much anymore.

Am I bitter?

danv

Likes Dirt
Oh man i've seen some fucken crackers on that sight. One dude hated his CK headset becasue it was "impossible to service" when he tried to pack in "fresh wd40 after 2 months". Many reviews of people starting with "I haven't actually built/ridden it yet, but" and then go on to a few paragraphs of 'review' which is just regurgitation of speculation they heard elsewhere. Fucken hilarious.

And then there's the poeple who seem to know everything about a product and its limitations with immense details. Like "My fork takes 6ft to flat fine, so it would be find for small drops, DON"T do 7ft it will brake. This would be perfect for freeriding but maybe not DH." :roll: or "Steal is real" AS FUCKEN OPPOSED TO WHAT? Alluminium? Is Aluminium fake? Does it not exist? Should I be reporting Giant bicycles for selling bikes for profiteering from FAKE frames?

User reviews should bring out the truth, free from the bias of the production companies and the influenced commercial reviewers. Yet clearly the average consumer is sucker. Mother fucker.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
danv said:
Oh man i've seen some fucken crackers on that sight. One dude hated his CK headset becasue it was "impossible to service" when he tried to pack in "fresh wd40 after 2 months". Many reviews of people starting with "I haven't actually built/ridden it yet, but" and then go on to a few paragraphs of 'review' which is just regurgitation of speculation they heard elsewhere. Fucken hilarious.

And then there's the poeple who seem to know everything about a product and its limitations with immense details. Like "My fork takes 6ft to flat fine, so it would be find for small drops, DON"T do 7ft it will brake. This would be perfect for freeriding but maybe not DH." :roll: or "Steal is real" AS FUCKEN OPPOSED TO WHAT? Alluminium? Is Aluminium fake? Does it not exist? Should I be reporting Giant bicycles for selling bikes for profiteering from FAKE frames?

User reviews should bring out the truth, free from the bias of the production companies and the influenced commercial reviewers. Yet clearly the average consumer is sucker. Mother fucker.
Mate... I am so sick to death of your namby-pamby beating around the bush. For Christ's sake, man.... say what you mean and don't sugar coat it! :p