MTBO

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Yo team
I have decided to take the plunge and compete in the local summer series of MTBO, anybody else out there doing it of have done it in the past
looking to discuss tips and strategies on how to consistently come last

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Yeah I did it a few times about 20 years ago - back when the Mongoose was still new!! I really enjoyed it.

Its my style of racing - not much interaction with other humans and mostly riding on your own at your own pace :) Getting lost is always fun right?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Tips on route setting are myriad... Its always a bit of a guessing game, and everyone seemed to have their own strategy - get the outliers out back first or last etc... Just something i had to get a feel for, but didnt do it enough to get good at it.

Always meant to get back into it, never did. Maybe it would help me get back into fitness!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Tips on route setting are myriad... Its always a bit of a guessing game, and everyone seemed to have their own strategy - get the outliers out back first or last etc... Just something i had to get a feel for, but didnt do it enough to get good at it.

Always meant to get back into it, never did. Maybe it would help me get back into fitness!
that's my goal...have sat on my arse for way too long and are now paying the price

Haakon

Keeps on digging
also - orienteering is a nerd fest at the best of times. Which is fine for me as im also a total nerd, but be warned there are some special people in that game :)

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Not sure if Timmy D is still competing but if I recall he went to world champs a few years back, also not sure if B-Rad still participates but I'd keep an eye for those two if you'd like some expert rehydration advice for after and even during a ride.

Screenshot_20221120-194447_Facebook.jpg