Mtb prices gone stupid: The Renovation, Planning Permission & Fkn Tradies (and climate change and dog breeding ethics, +greyhound appreciation) Thread

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Also, 15yo cruisers.
I seen an average Sandman panel van sitting on the side of the road last weekend for 80k.

That 1987 Cruiser in that condition will probably sell to the right collector or enthusiast.

Have a look at the prices of the old Land Rover Defenders that they stopped making in 2016.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I seen an average Sandman panel van sitting on the side of the road last weekend for 80k.

That 1987 Cruiser in that condition will probably sell to the right collector or enthusiast.

Have a look at the prices of the old Land Rover Defenders that they stopped making in 2016.
I'm currently considering one of these, probably more money than sense but there just isn't anything else around that ticks all the boxes.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

I might be able to beat that. 1983 VH SL/E with that 4.3 V8 that wouldn't pull a sailor off your sister for..... $38k. Thirty Eight fucking thousand. That's really good normal car money!!

Sent it to a mate who had one in year 12 (and yes he crashed it) for laughs.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Definitely. A similar thing happened with VW Kombi's. I remember the week it happened too. There was a Shannon's auction for a 23 window Safari Kombi and it went for $200k. Overnight, the price of rust-buckets that had nothing to do with the safari variant shot up with everyone thinking they had something special. People like me sat back and laughed, but the price still hasn't corrected and probably never will. Markets work is mysterious ways. I never would've expected people to be spending up so big in a 'recession' while the whole world shuts down, but it seems the money not being spent on overseas holidays is burning a hole in everyone's wallets and they can't help but throw it away. Everyone is just trying to get the most they can from the situation.

ozzybmx

I never would've expected people to be spending up so big in a 'recession' while the whole world shuts down, but it seems the money not being spent on overseas holidays is burning a hole in everyone's wallets and they can't help but throw it away.
^^^Exactly what has happened. Might even get a chance at some nice shit now Jobkeeper has stopped ;)

ozzybmx

I bought my current vehicle in Jan 2018, a Landcruiser 200 GXL. Its on a novated lease till Jan next year, the lease price on it was $79k, that was with gold fleet discount and $6k of GST off the RRP of $95k.

Currently with 61k on the clock.

With the new 300 on the way and no Aussie V8 4.5 TT engine, the price is through the roof.

The cheapest 2018 200 GXL on carsales right now is $89,990 and highest at $100k, even the cheapest is $10k more than I paid for it over 3 years ago.

Not that I will sell it anyway, its a 10yr+ car for me due to the original outlay.

$79k leased is not much more than the squillion Prado shopping trolleys you see on the roads.

Carsales

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m sure I read somewhere that 200 series sales had gone up by 25-30% because Aussies and V8’s.

Somehow I don’t think Toyota would bring an inferior version to market, knowing how many grey nomads love them

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I'd like a Defender 90. My current 4wd is a Jimny which is fun but a little asthmatic with a few more compromises. The only other manual, 4wd, short wheel base cars that I can come up with is a Wrangler or a 90, I have no need for a massive Cruiser or similar.

moorey

call me Mia
I'd like a Defender 90. My current 4wd is a Jimny which is fun but a little asthmatic with a few more compromises. The only other manual, 4wd, short wheel base cars that I can come up with is a Wrangler or a 90, I have no need for a massive Cruiser or similar.
Just say no to a wrangler.
Older shorty patrols went well.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Jeez Wrangler or Defender. Not much of a choice there both are equally mediocre. Good luck

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
The V8 isn't even a great motor, weirdness. The new options will be betterer...
But will they sound they same?

Has taken the whole 11 years of living here to get used to hearing a V8 thumping along the highway, then looking up to see it not being a Commodore driving by.