Mtb prices gone stupid: The Renovation, Planning Permission & Fkn Tradies (and climate change and dog breeding ethics, +greyhound appreciation) Thread

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ask and you shall receive. Mere pocket change... Sorry for 14K I'm only taking a shit pic (Not my bike by the way)
Did anyone else look at the thumb nail pic and see a new design for a $50 note ?

We just went through the new car process and I was shocked at advertised second hand prices. Made more sense for us lease new with warranty and buy out on the depreciated value.
I look at second have bike prices and just see the scary situation a frame snapping with out warranty

Cheka

Likes Bikes
Did anyone else look at the thumb nail pic and see a new design for a $50 note ?

We just went through the new car process and I was shocked at advertised second hand prices. Made more sense for us lease new with warranty and buy out on the depreciated value.
I look at second have bike prices and just see the scary situation a frame snapping with out warranty
My frame cracked 18mths ago. Lifetime warranty as bought it new. Still waiting for the replacement..................

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Look at any of the usual sources for 2nd hand bikes and you'll see more and more ads "ridden 2 or 3 times and hasn't been used since".

Wait for expectations and reality to align...
Never could get my head around the oft quoted sales line " Best bike I have ever ridden. Only seen dirt a few times. Female rider." In the photo, bike looks like it was ridden by Missy Giove.

Last edited:

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My frame cracked 18mths ago. Lifetime warranty as bought it new. Still waiting for the replacement..................
What Frame is that? Would that be refund territory or has that window passed ? Pretty bad situation.

Flow-Rider

Burner
There's a ton of Mountain bikes for sale on fakebook in the Brissy area, I think there's some people still trying to hang onto Covid prices.

Cheka

Likes Bikes
What Frame is that? Would that be refund territory or has that window passed ? Pretty bad situation.
Santa Cruz Hightower. Purchased end of 2017.
Allowances made for Covid and the California bushfires but.....
Both my local SC dealer and one I used to frequent in Cairns have said that Santa Cruz have been the worst to deal with over the last couple of years.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I did sell my wife's 2014 Specialized Rumor Comp 29er the other day for $2000. Sold within a few hours.

We bought it for $1600 secondhand in 2016 :p
From the looks of how stuff is still selling (mainly on FB) the market for anything up to $3500 is still pretty strong if it's fairly new.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did sell my wife's 2014 Specialized Rumor Comp 29er the other day for $2000. Sold within a few hours.

We bought it for $1600 secondhand in 2016 :p
$400 of dirty dirty money.
I hope you and wife rolled around in that dirty money like criminal king pins. ;)
It is a pain when I try and sell bike stuff on face book. Got one guy turning up to pick up some cranks with an angry wife that had the shits with him.

bear the bear

Is a real bear

We need to get rid of our old car ATM. I had a number of $1.5k in my head (it's 14 years old) price checks are showing $4.5-7.5K. It must be because of the car shortages!

jrewing

Eats Squid
The tide will turn and I’m going to be extra ruthless in haggling…insultive, boardering on. The elephant in me won’t let me forget