Mt Joyce trail status?

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Hi All,

I've been thinking of making a trip out to Mt Joyce this coming weekend. It's a bit further to go than the usual, so I get there less often and have to plan further ahead to make it happen, so I would hate to get there & find my favorite trail closed or something.
One of my mates suggested that there might be some closed trails ahead of round 3, including the one I'm probably most interested in - Black Rock.

Google reveals nothing, maybe my Google-fu needs work. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of what the trail status is like at Mt Joyce at the moment? What's open/closed?

Cheers

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The SEQ DH boys shared the Trailfix message pasted below and dated May 10th.

Excavator works have started at Mt Joyce MTB Park on the Black Rock trail. This trail is closed for the week and possibly the weekend. All other trails are open this week. Next week, Bovine Groove will be given a face lift and the week after that the two downhill tracks will be given some love. Opening of trails is determined on how quickly features pack in with weather conditions. We will continuously update FB as to when trails are open and closed. Please abide by trail signage for maximum raddness of upgraded trails! Thanks for your cooperation

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
The SEQ DH boys shared the Trailfix message pasted below and dated May 10th.

Excavator works have started at Mt Joyce MTB Park on the Black Rock trail. This trail is closed for the week and possibly the weekend. All other trails are open this week. Next week, Bovine Groove will be given a face lift and the week after that the two downhill tracks will be given some love. Opening of trails is determined on how quickly features pack in with weather conditions. We will continuously update FB as to when trails are open and closed. Please abide by trail signage for maximum raddness of upgraded trails! Thanks for your cooperation
Cheers Dozer, looks best to avoid for the time being then. I might add them to my FB feed to keep up to date.