Moving to Tasmania for bikes!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Ladies!

So, I'm moving to Tasmania... I have been offered 'full time equivalent' hours at Maydena Bike Park.
My partner and I chose to try and be there before Easter Weekend, and as such have booked a boat for March 24th.

The hard part: Finding a house.
We've been looking around the New Norfolk area, as it's a perfect half way point between Maydena and Hobart, for work travel purposes.

However, it seems there's SFA around in terms of rental properties.
Tons of people looking to sell their properties, but nobody wants to rent them.

Does anyone around here have any 'inside info', or more knowledge on where to find something?
Anyone on here own properties down there they're willing to rent?
And a more temporary solution... Anyone in a large share house situation looking for more bodies that doesn't mind pets?

Any info, suggestions, help, or otherwise appreciated!

Time is ticking and the closer we get, the higher those stress levels.
I'm not really ready to go 100% grey just yet, haha.

Thanks GOIZZZZZZZZ. <3

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I'm sure you could find a cheap rental in Bridgewater. (ok thats my jealousy seeping through with that suggestion)

Awesome, living most of the guys on here's dream.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Fuck you and everything you stand for ez.

Sydney is heaps betterer, we should trade places and then I can slum it in tassie.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's the plan.
To have a room set up for fellow ridebros to cash in. ;)
You're gonna need a bigger room.
Bunk house?

Good dude. Much happiness with come your way. How do you plan to keep the lady happy in this fairly dude heavy small town that I'm guessing is a fair bit different to her current metropolitan lifestyle?

Does it really never summer in Tassie? Like a day or two is ok, but not like a whole season of it...

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Bunk house?

Good dude. Much happiness with come your way. How do you plan to keep the lady happy in this fairly dude heavy small town that I'm guessing is a fair bit different to her current metropolitan lifestyle?

Does it really never summer in Tassie? Like a day or two is ok, but not like a whole season of it...
I'm not really familiar with their weather, but I run hot anyway so I'd prefer a little colder than here.

My gf actually hates it here. We both grew up in country towns, so leaving the city isn't that big a deal for either of us.

Flow-Rider

Burner
You'll need to learn the ways of a true bogan.

I've got a few mates just out of town at Launie but that's most likely too far to travel to Maydena on a daily basis. They've experienced the same with finding rentals ATM, been told that the tourist boom has used a lot of them for holiday homes or B&Bs. One mate was renting a wooden cabin for a while but not sure where he's ended up as he split from his misses.

teK--

Eats Squid
Just buy something I imagine the values are gonna keep skyrocketing! Even if the job doesn't work out and you have to sell after a year you would at least break even after fees.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Just buy something I imagine the values are gonna keep skyrocketing! Even if the job doesn't work out and you have to sell after a year you would at least break even after fees.
There's plans for purchasing after the first year if all goes well... Just don't have the cash for a home loan deposit currently.

Shit I'd even be open to finding a place a bit above our price range if there's any ridebros around here in our age range (we're both 35) that want to move down also... Split the cost of living a bit!

Just under the 2 month mark until we leave now. If I have to suck it up for a year and drive an hour each way every day to live the dream, so be it...

Z

Zaf

There's plans for purchasing after the first year if all goes well... Just don't have the cash for a home loan deposit currently.
Rotorburn crowd funding for you to buy a place with a granny flat that contributors will be welcome in? Lets make it happen boyz!!!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Kinda double edged, rent and watch the house prices soar with rent increases while Maydena thrives... on the flip, Maydena doesn't go so well, house prices rise initially, then fall back to normal leaving you stuck with a house.

We looked at buying a house or land in Melrose SA a few years back... but while the trails are on Private land and waiting access to the National Park for expansion, the already elevated house prices due to MTBing, would go south real quick if access was pulled.

Rent (if you can) ride and enjoy... for a while anyway.