Buxton, Cathedral trail.
Lysterfield, Follow me.
Silvan trails Mt Dandenong.

Cheers,
Chriso

Last edited:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Now that looks like some fun! I'm hoping to try out Silvan this weekend with The Boy, if he can get a day off work. Is it all pretty easy to find and stuff? We're coming up from Geelong.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Mate,

Trailforks should make most of them easy to find.
I would suggest parking at the Mt Evelyn football club were you will find a track at the entrance that leads up into a open field with a very steep climb up. At the top of the climb is the main pipeline track which most of the MTB trails end onto.

If you ride along the pipeline trail to the intersection of track 13 you will find the begining of the 'Bakers dozen' climb. Rather than doing the loop vear off to the 'twisted sister climb'. This will bring you up to an intersection of 2 of the main descents "Temple of Zoom" "Downhill track" or you can go back down twisted sister. Further up the hill from the start of Temple of zoom is also an awesome un-signposted trail called "To the valley below" but can be difficult to find and is not on trailforks.

If you still have time I would suggest heading back towards your car and head up 'twist and shout' which is the easier climb than taking Wols track strait up to wilkilla track. Up the top you will have the option to either do 'true grit" then into 'truthiness' or 'Bottlecaps' downhill which is pretty full-on dependng on your skill level.

This is some of the trails

Bottlecaps

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Bottlecaps is the one that really has me interested, but I'll try to check out as many as time and fitness will allow. Cheers!

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Bottlecaps is the one that really has me interested, but I'll try to check out as many as time and fitness will allow. Cheers!
Check out To the valley below, Huck to Flat and JJ's

On top of bottlecaps, I find those the best descending trails there.