Motorized Doping is Real - Belgian Rider Found with Hidden Motor at CX Worlds

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Surely there would be an easy weigh in check? An 8kg race bike isn't going to weigh 8kg with motor and batteries? :noidea:
Check this link out. Listen to the audio link about 2/3 of the way down. Greg LeMond reckons that it could be easily done and the weight almost undetectable.

http://cyclingtips.com/2015/07/hidden-motor-demonstration-with-greg-lemond/

It is entirely possible that her story is the goods but there'd be an easy way to determine which was ridden. She said the other bike was cleaned and chucked in the truck, her race bike would had to have been plenty dirty.
They are saying that cos you can change bikes in the race then you may not be able to tell. I'm with you though, seems bullshit to me.

If it wasn't her bike surely she would have noticed a world of difference to her own when she started riding it, i.e. That it was being boosted/powered by a fucking motor?!
Agreed. Surely you'd notice. Again I call shenanigans.

Understand they can conceal a motor, but surely they need numerous batteries hidden somewhere for the system to be of any use? How could you hide the weight or bulk of that many batteries?
Click the link above. Greg LeMond explains it all, weight, battery and advantages.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In Everyone of those videos demonstrating the tech the motor is audibly noticeable, how are they doing it silently? Surely a competitor next to such a rider would hear it when the motor is engaged?
With all the noise of a race, people cheering other riders and in the case of the big road races, helicopters, actual motor bikes, support cars etc you could pretty much run a V8 in the thing and not hear it. On the lowest setting it's very quiet and as others have noted with ceramic gearing etc it could be made super quiet.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Do you think he may be involved? The timing is right, maybe this is his big introduction to the world of lazy bike riders taking over? Cyclocross and E bike's go well together.
SamD and Femke have never been seen or :photo:together I believe they could be the same person:spy: