Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Finally got around to fitting pipe and rad guards.
Will do the hoses when it’s top end time. Turns out I didn’t need to disconnect the old ones when I put the guards on, and need to buy special clamps for silicone hoses (fucksake more moneys).
Fiddled with the jetting abit and it’s not so lean off the bottom now with this new pipe, all in all pretty happy.

Now the decision is do I go for a force bash plate that covers the pipe or just accept the fact expansion chambers are disposable items?
E1D32D00-CADE-4051-AA13-C968ABF4C3A4.jpeg

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Finally got around to fitting pipe and rad guards.
Will do the hoses when it’s top end time. Turns out I didn’t need to disconnect the old ones when I put the guards on, and need to buy special clamps for silicone hoses (fucksake more moneys).
Fiddled with the jetting abit and it’s not so lean off the bottom now with this new pipe, all in all pretty happy.

Now the decision is do I go for a force bash plate that covers the pipe or just accept the fact expansion chambers are disposable items?View attachment 397866
Or step into the 21st century and get a 4 stroke...

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Oddjob

The new CRF450 with its selectable engine mapping, torque and launch control looks f@£+ing hawt.

Ultra Lord

The new CRF450 with its selectable engine mapping, torque and launch control looks f@£+ing hawt.

Can you get it rego’d? Honda haven’t had a decent road legal enduro bike for awhile. It’s gonna have to be good to stop people buying WRF’s and EXC’s.
Yamaha’s had engine mapping through a phone app for ages.

But yeah big bore 4 strokes aren’t enjoyable on my local trails. My 500exc always overheated and was bloody heavy, and it weighed as much as the new WR450F, so it wasn’t a heavy bike really, but felt it. It’s kinda funny how everyone in the group I ride with ended up selling their 4stroke and buying a two stroke.

Oddjob

Can you get it rego’d? Honda haven’t had a decent road legal enduro bike for awhile. It’s gonna have to be good to stop people buying WRF’s and EXC’s.
Yamaha’s had engine mapping through a phone app for ages.

But yeah big bore 4 strokes aren’t enjoyable on my local trails. My 500exc always overheated and was bloody heavy, and it weighed as much as the new WR450F, so it wasn’t a heavy bike really, but felt it. It’s kinda funny how everyone in the group I ride with ended up selling their 4stroke and buying a two stroke.
No idea if it can be regoed, I'm too old to even think about it.

No surprise the exc overheated, it's a KTM.

This sounds like engine mapping on the fly. Which is kind of wild.

Oddjob

I dunno, if you can wrestle a 450 through the singletrack in the watagans you’ll never fear your boys
I wrestled a 990 across the dunes on Stockton Beach then across the world's worst road in Uzbekistan. I also survived the b-roads of China.

Ultra Lord

I wrestled a 990 across the dunes on Stockton Beach then across the world's worst road in Uzbekistan. I also survived the b-roads of China.

So when it comes to enduro riding, you’ve never actually done it, have no intention of doing it and are still telling me my bikes shit and I should buy something else?

Oddjob

So when it comes to enduro riding, you’ve never actually done it, have no intention of doing it and are still telling me my bikes shit and I should buy something else?
Define enduro riding.

I rode an off-road motorbike from London to Beijing in under 2 months on a bike that was banned from the Dakar rally. It hit 250km/h in Germany, crossed the Eurasian steppe and also climbed the Tibetan Plateau.

https://dirtbikemagazine.com/the-bike-that-was-banned-by-the-dakar-rally/

If you're talking about trail riding though...

Ultra Lord

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is a school of thought ( by themselves mostly ) that Harley Davidson were forerunners in the ‘ adventure bike ‘ realm

well that and 50 cc scooters in any Asian or south Asian continent from Chine to India and all sections in between .

But, I wish I was made of more rubbery bits as actual enduro would be fun - just not the Super Mad euro version - they are ( skilled ) insane

‘ ja , we can ride up a waterfall into castle across slippery ice covered roots ‘

Ultra Lord

Good choices.

But given Australia's recent performances why not Toby Price or Joshua Strang (is he still on Husqvarna?).

They don’t run two strokes hahaha.

Price is absolutely brilliant though. So smooth.
Strang’s back on Kawasaki, which is awesome.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Or step into the 21st century and get a 4 stroke...

It is the 21st century...and they still make 2-strokes...and everyone knows they are more fun, except for fat old blokes who want to sit in 4th all day down a fire-road and tell all their mates about how they "got out on the bike" on the weekend.