Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I've been to the TT races once. Absolutely THE BEST week any motorcycle fan will have.
Me too, I have been only once, but over 40 years ago in ‘81. Insane, loved it.

The track… the curbs, the stone gutters, the brick walls, the power poles, the stone fences,
the endless concrete, the unfortunate road camber, the culverts, Ballaughs Bridge, Mad Sunday, the old local biddies knitting in their front yard watching madmen hurl their bikes within inches of their picket fences… the IOM.

The sheer number of bikes in Douglas is a sight you will never see anywhere. Period.

I saw registered kneelers (mad Germans) on the road, a road going registered TZ700 WTF that’s like riding a light switch, a handmade V4 Triumph with 2 grafted Trumpy twins, and endless classics like Vellocettes, Vincents, AJ’s and other exotica.

Yep, if you can go.., you should

Minlak

custom titis
Insurance recommendations???
On my KTM - I use Mi-Bike it was stupid cheap - MT 10 - QBE
Never claimed so no idea if they suck during a claim process - I honestly believe you will find people that like and or hate every insurance company if you look hard enough - Your unique situation will govern the premiums - start getting quotes and compare policies - I was with Swann on the Ninja and it had no gear cover - moved to QBE and for $2.25 less per year I also got $4000 gear cover.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Bikes boiled over and you gotta let it chill for abit? May as well take a lil’ happy snap. Love the smell of two stroke and boiling coolant in the morningView attachment 397522
This is what you get with your stupid euro bikes.

Should have got the DRZ or RMZ. Unkillable cockroaches.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
These used to feel top heavy as fuck. Have they grown up?
The one I test rode felt pretty good. Like compared to a single cylinder dual sport it's heavy, but it's not any different to an Africa Twin for example but not as good as the KTM 890 with the low tanks. The bigger KTMs have a bit of a question mark on reliability (I've seen a couple of 690 engine failures) and I don't like the front-end praying mantis look of them either.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
A mate had one of the early ones and used to leave the tank about half full which had its own issues. With a full tank the nose was ponderous. I know they aren't a wheelie machine but still it was nose heavy and with a full tank it fought standing back up. Good to hear it is sorted. I am a sucker for the BMW twins for that duty. Width gives issues and I am not a fan of the telelever front end on rough stuff but they do feel nice.