Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Theres been a few big spends on my F800 now I’m in day 4 covid iso (self imposed, nsw has no iso requirements now. Going outside just feels wrong while I keep testing positive and obviously showing the symptoms).
New YSS shock and fork cartridge kit (sachs rear shock can’t be fixed apparently, fml), touratech pannier racks, and still waiting on SW motech crash bars.
Keen as a bean.

Minlak

custom titis
Theres been a few big spends on my F800 now I’m in day 4 covid iso (self imposed, nsw has no iso requirements now. Going outside just feels wrong while I keep testing positive and obviously showing the symptoms).
New YSS shock and fork cartridge kit (sachs rear shock can’t be fixed apparently, fml), touratech pannier racks, and still waiting on SW motech crash bars.
Keen as a bean.
I got the pannier kit from KTM for the SAS waiting to be fitted - I prefer them as they pull off and the bike looks stock still - Would not be best option if doing lots of offroad though I think.

Also hate myself for falling in love with some Klim boots I found
1669846342295.png

Ultra Lord

I got the pannier kit from KTM for the SAS waiting to be fitted - I prefer them as they pull off and the bike looks stock still - Would not be best option if doing lots of offroad though I think.

View attachment 394878
Hard panniers make the most sense for most people imo. I’ve just had a long hard mirror talk about what I’m doing with my bike and they aren’t for me haha. At the moment I’ve done a couple camping overnighters and managed to fit everything in the one dry bag and a backpack. The side bags are so I can take some weight off my back and carry some more comfort items/tools, and they are the best way to do that for offroad.

Those boots do look nice. Only problem is you’ll be replacing the rest of your kit to match haha!

Minlak

custom titis
Hard panniers make the most sense for most people imo. I’ve just had a long hard mirror talk about what I’m doing with my bike and they aren’t for me haha. At the moment I’ve done a couple camping overnighters and managed to fit everything in the one dry bag and a backpack. The side bags are so I can take some weight off my back and carry some more comfort items/tools, and they are the best way to do that for offroad.

Those boots do look nice. Only problem is you’ll be replacing the rest of your kit to match haha!
I always prefer to have the weight on the bikes and not me - The top box only hold 5kg the side boxes can hold 10Kg each - I also got the inner bags so can pack and then load the panniers.

On order!!
1669847946789.png

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Keen as a bean.
I warned you about the BMWs.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Oddjob

View attachment 394878
Holy fuck, and here I thought Sidis were expensive.

Minlak

custom titis
Holy fuck, and here I thought Sidis were expensive.

Klim stuff is crazy expensive :( - the boots look comfortable though!- If you buy from Adventure Moto they give you free swaps to get the right size - They are about $100 cheaper from some "Web" sites but yeah would love to try some on the Alpinestars are so hot

Ultra Lord

I warned you about the BMWs.

I’ve spent more on mtb suspension than what the YSS setup is costing me.
The rear preload adjuster is broken, the guy I bought from tried to back it off past it’s adjustment range and Sachs don’t sell spares so can’t fix it.

How many mtb’s do you own with custom tuned suspension? Glass houses mate haha

Minlak

custom titis
The rear preload adjuster is broken, the guy I bought from tried to back it off past it’s adjustment range and Sachs don’t sell spares so can’t fix it.

So many people buy a Motorbike and the first thing is oh I need a tail tidy and an exhaust and better seat and never even consider suspension - I would dare say the number 1 thing you can do to your bike above all else is suspension.

Ultra Lord

So many people buy a Motorbike and the first thing is oh I need a tail tidy and an exhaust and better seat and never even consider suspension - I would dare say the number 1 thing you can do to your bike above all else is suspension.
All my moto’s have spring rates sorted at a minimum, sometimes some fancy valve work when forks haven’t been up to scratch.

This bmw has unadjustable forks and a broken shock, so open bath dampener kit for forks with preload/compression/rebound and a rear shock with piggyback reservoir, comp/rebound and hydraulic preload adjust. 2.5k fitted!

Oddjob

Yeah yeah. I had the 990 WP suspension tuned by some mad guy in Lidcombe too.

If you had gone a KTM 690 Enduro, 790 Adventure or the later Triumph Tigers you could have had fully adjustable WP suspension out of the box.

The YSS stuff does look good though.

Ultra Lord

Yeah yeah. I had the 990 WP suspension tuned by some mad guy in Lidcombe too.

If you had gone a KTM 690 Enduro, 790 Adventure or the later Triumph Tigers you could have had fully adjustable WP suspension out of the box.

The YSS stuff does look good though.

I could’ve. But I like my bike.
This will be built with new suspension, soft luggage (giant loop), decent tyres, decent crash bars for >$16k.
Nothing else comes close to that.

I don’t like 690 enduro’s, too offroad focused with tight maintenance intervals, 790’s look funny and KTM 4 stroke reliability, and triumph tigers only became decent offroad very recently and are out of budget.

Ultra Lord

All fitted. Just went for a cheeky run through the local moto trails and a punt through the twisties to bald hill look out, very happy. Funny what the correct spring rates do to a bikes handling.
Just gotta fit my new touratech luggage racks and chase down the crash bars I ordered in September and it’s sorted!

Attachments

Oddjob

All fitted. Just went for a cheeky run through the local moto trails and a punt through the twisties to bald hill look out, very happy. Funny what the correct spring rates do to a bikes handling.
Just gotta fit my new touratech luggage racks and chase down the crash bars I ordered in September and it’s sorted!
You need a steering damper. You don't want a tank slapper at speed on dirt.