Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Minlak

custom titis
Isle of Mann has now had three deaths this year.

It's an iconic race but you gotta aks the question
What's the question? How big are their balls? - They only race the TT so the Moto Gp guys can have heroes.

Knowing that every year someone dies in this event (at least) and still entering cause that's what you want to do - it is like the last bastion defying the nanny state .

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Will see how it goes.
Some people say they go forever, some have issues.
Our other one is going pretty good with 48,000km on the clock. Regular oil changes are key to long life methinks.

Yes Dad’s pissed this one is in much better condition and has all the added bullshit BMW sell. Electronic suspension adjust? Tick. Traction control? Tick. ABS? Tick. Heated grips? Tick.
And I’m pissed because I don’t know how to turn off traction control and abs.

Ultra Lord

Figured out abs and traction control. ABS is scary in the dirt, do not recommend.

Tyres are pretty good on road but definitely not made for much offroad stuff, will replace with Motoz tractionator GPS when these wear out.
Also needs some crash bars.
And some proper footpegs, those rubber jobbies aren’t great. Fastway make some nice ones that come in black.

All in all though, bloody stoked with this. Such a fun bike.

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
Yeah b/s.
Organisers standard response is to blame riders lack of skillset.

Its real easy; you have got bikes at race circuit speeds on public roads with walls/curbs etc.

Been there (pit crew). Had a friend killed there. He had ridden there several times before so knew the risks.
Won't go back.

What you may not be aware of is the large number of spectator crashes and normally 2-3 times as many spectator deaths as competitors.
They leave the ambulances out on the course when they open the roads.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
I am always so confused when people do dangerous things willingly with full knowledge it may cause severe injury and or death and then for some reason we have to fix it. I can understand the public side of things where they open up the roads etc during the event perhaps that should be looked at - but the event itself can only be made safer by stopping it.
  1. limit speeds - no solution as you have to be going pretty slow to make it a worthwhile safety feature and if they are all going a speed attainable by all bikes there is no race
  2. run off areas - unless you clear the town or move it to a track then not possible - then it is also not the Isle of Man TT
  3. cancel event

That's pretty much it really - You can force riders to wear air vests and braces and stuff but they won't stop the deaths either.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
8 died the year I was there… 1981.

Our Kenny Blake was one of them. And he was an amazing rider. Watched him beat Ago at Laverton.

It’s not possible to make the IoM safe. It’s its own thing, a cultural and historical phenomenon. The riders, the IoM locals of all ages, the fans, the organisers and crew, the pubs bars restaurants accomodation in Douglas, actually the whole island… all eat, breath and sleep it.

I doubt it will change.

Ultra Lord

1,000ish km on the new bike this weekend, long trip up around Tamworth/barrington tops/Gloucester and back down in a giant loop including a fair amount of exploring around the state forests/national parks.

I’m pretty happy with my purchase. New tyres are a must though, some very sketchy moments losing the front, even just trying to climb up out of a rut the lack of side knobs really hurt.

Christ I’m sore now though haha! Should’ve packed some knicks. Sitting in traffic getting through Sydney coming home sucked.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
1,000ish km on the new bike this weekend, long trip up around Tamworth/barrington tops/Gloucester and back down in a giant loop including a fair amount of exploring around the state forests/national parks.

I’m pretty happy with my purchase. New tyres are a must though, some very sketchy moments losing the front, even just trying to climb up out of a rut the lack of side knobs really hurt.

Christ I’m sore now though haha! Should’ve packed some knicks. Sitting in traffic getting through Sydney coming home sucked.
What tyres are you running? Whatever you do, don't get Conti TKCs.

The Dunlop 606/908rr combo is good for a mix of on and off road.

The Bridgestone Ed03/04 is more off road focused but surprisingly ok on road.

My personal favourite was to run an Ed03 front with a hard wearing German rear like a
Heidenau K60.

Ultra Lord

What tyres are you running? Whatever you do, don't get Conti TKCs.

The Dunlop 606/908rr combo is good for a mix of on and off road.

The Bridgestone Ed03/04 is more off road focused but surprisingly ok on road.

My personal favourite was to run an Ed03 front with a hard wearing German rear like a
Heidenau K60.

Metzeler Karoo sport front and a Conti TKC70 rear.
Good on road, but decidedly meh on anything offroad other than smooth dirt.
The new karoo 4’s coming out look pretty good too.
I’ll have a look into the heidenau’s, haven’t heard much about them.

indica

Serial flasher
Where do I get the replacement resistors from for my Enfield Intereceptor and where do I get a single seat from so I can pay less rego?