Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
So awesome. Why did you get this over the Grom?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Honda aus have stopped brining the monkey in due to the requirement to have rear abs, so I didn’t want to miss out! I’ll probably get a grom at a later date if I want to start modding a bit. The monkey will be easy to sell.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Honda aus have stopped brining the monkey in due to the requirement to have rear abs, so I didn’t want to miss out! I’ll probably get a grom at a later date if I want to start modding a bit. The monkey will be easy to sell.
Nice. There was some rad modded Monkeys at Sea Otter.

Now you just need to spend a fortune on Yoshi, Ohlins and Brembo to hot up your 50cc bike.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
Alright - Almost done with MT10 now just some smaller bling things to get
Currently Done
Leo Vince decat pipe
Akrapovic Slip on
BMC HiFlow Air Filter
EXUP Valve delete (of course as decat done)
Dyno Tuned including race tools (best run was 157RWHP) but this line was smoother
Quick Shifter (already had this on stock)
AutoBlipper
Speed Limiter (40KM/h roughly good for school zones)
Auto Warm up
Launch Control
Comfort Seat
Rear Peg delete
Frame Sliders
Front wheel Sliders
Puig Touring Screen

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its been a few yeaes since i read up on things but recall when the zzr1100 was considered insane with 110kw. Only 120 is like saying a skywalker has mild daddy issues.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Power is nice and has always corrupted... but the great leveller is chassis, brakes and suspension.

Back in the day, a 60hp Triumph was bananas... and the spine frame, drum brakes and plunger forks/shocks made it feel so.

These days, my 650 VStrom has 67hp and feels like a total slug (compared to lots of bikes I've owned or tested) but its beam chassis, brakes and suspension are a far cry from my Triumph Tiger. Way faster, safer, etc.

Power isn't everything. Balance is. My 900SS Ducati only had 82hp (61kw) but I'd spent a shjtload on suspension mods and I was very quick on it at trackdays... just couldn't crash it. My best bike ever.

Anyway I wanted to crack a particular lap time barrier at Philip Island so I built up a Suzuki GSXR track bike with 140hp (104kw) and all the stuff. Ha ha, no cigar... no matter how hard I tried... exact same lap time.

I'm as fast as I am. That's it.

Screw horsepower... getting your knee down is way more importanterer.

Sure wish I still had Des though. Best bike ever.

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
No idea why the fonts so chunky
Adds gravitas to your post :p

On a more serious note, how do you find the Wee-Strom 2 up? Like you I've had much more powerful bikes, but am seriously contemplating a 650 for commuting and gentle rides through the hills with the other half. Is it up to the task? I know its not going to be a rocketship, are there any downsides to owning one?
There are a few around at decent prices at the moment.