Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
We had 110 postie bikes as yard bikes on sites. Bloody dangerous things. I got dumped more times than I care to remember. Doing donuts, jumps, monos, endos etc. :)

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
The actual amazing thing about my C50 is that the original owner was the daughter of a neighbouring farmer… and she incredibly rode it from their farm on the western plains of Victoria to 3 ways in NT on her way to Darwin… back in the 60’s. She caved there (hopeless really, where’s the stamina and follow though back in those daze) and put the bike on a truck. Long way on a 50.

Last edited:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I’m remember when I was living in Bendigo many moons ago there was bit of thing going with scooters, I think they were apprentices who would mod them, then cover them in Oakley stickers and so forth. You would hear them from a mile away and they fly past with moto helmets and of course Oakley goggles, perfect bike for getting around a place like Bendigo.

View attachment 386021
Growing up near Castlemaine I had the Suzuki version of that, an FR80. Modded it for bush track use and fanged it around until it inevitably broke… It was a freebie a mate at school found in his dads garage seized and neglected and for shits and giggles I got it going.

Fixed it up again after I broke it and ended up selling it for a decent amount of cash.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Still adventures to be had .

Back in the olden days .....i worked for Suzuki Motorcycles , there was always a young japanese fella who wanted to ride across Australia on his 5o !

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Still adventures to be had .

Back in the olden days .....i worked for Suzuki Motorcycles , there was always a young japanese fella who wanted to ride across Australia on his 5o !
I did a Cape York trip in 1992, we met 3 Japanese doing the trip on stepthroughs lol. What an adventure!