Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Minlak

custom titis
Well that was fun - Not!!!

There is a facebook group up here that I have been doing some riding with (Sports bike ish guys that ride way faster than I want to currently but that's ok we meet at the same place in the end) Last night was the regular Thursday night ride - I normally ride dead last so I am riding with how I am comfortable and not in any ones way.
Last night the organiser says to me "Can you lead please - I want people to stay together and not go crazy and the constant hard acceleration then slowing is getting old" - So I said I will be going the speed limitish I don't think that's a great idea. He assured me that is exactly what he wanted as we had decided to go to Childers for the ride and tea and we are going to go the highway.
So we start out and made it to the edge of town before I was dead last and saw no one again until Childers except the organiser that dropped back at the turn off.
We got to the Pub at Childers and I just said I have to go now I am riding back.

I didn't mind they all took off you ride how you want to ride - I was annoyed at being asked to lead - saying no and being convinced it was a good idea - felt like a complete wanker toodling along at the back anyway - if we had just maintained the status quo with me at the back I would ahve been fine.

Now the epic journey of trying to put google maps onto the Garmin has started - Apparently you can no longer convert google map data with out an API (which you can't get with out giving Google a credit card) so I found a work around and then it was an epic journey to actual get the map to load on the Garmin XT - WTF let you put a memory card in a device that you can't actually access from the device lol.

Minlak

custom titis
I am having a pearler of a day lol - with the baffle removed (which required drilling out rivets - the bike is a bit droney at 4000 rpm which is touring revs - decided that I could refit the baffle drill it a hole and rivet just the baffle in to save pulling it all apart to put the bolt back in - so slipped the baffle in to check if possible - and bam baffle is now stuck in there and there is no way to secure it from the outside - lol drill out 7 rivets fit baffle correctly and secure it. 5 sec look to see if I can do it became a 2 hr job.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I am having a pearler of a day lol - with the baffle removed (which required drilling out rivets - the bike is a bit droney at 4000 rpm which is touring revs - decided that I could refit the baffle drill it a hole and rivet just the baffle in to save pulling it all apart to put the bolt back in - so slipped the baffle in to check if possible - and bam baffle is now stuck in there and there is no way to secure it from the outside - lol drill out 7 rivets fit baffle correctly and secure it. 5 sec look to see if I can do it became a 2 hr job.
I can only offer PD/2t.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I am having a pearler of a day lol - with the baffle removed (which required drilling out rivets - the bike is a bit droney at 4000 rpm which is touring revs - decided that I could refit the baffle drill it a hole and rivet just the baffle in to save pulling it all apart to put the bolt back in - so slipped the baffle in to check if possible - and bam baffle is now stuck in there - so I fire the starter and blip the throttle. 5 sec look to see if I can do it became a 2 hr job after re-plastering the garage wall.
Next time @Minlak, next time… (FIFY ;))

Had braided lines installed on the vtr.

The line for the front left caliper hits the bracket that holds the instrument cluster on full left steering lock. It is an elbow bend made of alloy (I guess) where the single line from the reservoir splits to left and right caliper. It now has a crimp in it and doesn't let the caliper immediately release the disc on hard braking.

Ffs I've only ridden it once since they were installed, idiots !!!

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
He’s got one of those ‘fit for purpose’ names, love that.

Couple of my favourites I’ve come across for work:
  • Lady working at a (cattle) feedlot services company - surname ‘Burger’
  • Acoustic consultant - surname ‘Rumble’
Good old Ronnie Rumble!
Was a lecturer of mine back in the eighties and did a few jobs with him as the consultant

Scotty675

Cable thief
I’ve been scratching my head trying to work out model and gave up. The tank cowl and silver motor threw me. Great bike, I’m trying to justify an Mt09 at the moment

Minlak

custom titis
I’ve been scratching my head trying to work out model and gave up. The tank cowl and silver motor threw me. Great bike, I’m trying to justify an Mt09 at the moment
I’ll write up a report on it later - it’s complicated :) - It’s actually and FZ1-S that the owner spent a lot of money upgrading and changing to a FZ1-N - it’s gunna be wild looking for some of the accessories I want - it’s mostly the front stuff though.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I’ll write up a report on it later - it’s complicated :) - It’s actually and FZ1-S that the owner spent a lot of money upgrading and changing to a FZ1-N - it’s gunna be wild looking for some of the accessories I want - it’s mostly the front stuff though.
No one will notice when you ride down Bourbong St naked.

Minlak

custom titis
Ok - So it is a 2008 FZ1-S - the original owner changed the front to the "N" front. See pics below for difference - essentially the fairing at the front for looks.
He then changed
*Full exhaust including Cat delete
*Levers
*Headlight assembly
*bars 1" rise
*Grips
*Rear Shock - To Ohlins fully adjustable
*Braided lines
*Tail Tidy
*Led Blinkers
*Custom number plate that cost $1000
*I also have the full service history and was maintained meticulously prior to the new owner

The previous owner that I got it from owned it 6 mths ish and only put 500kms on it - I have the safety certificate from his original purchase and the rego as well.
*Fitted AIS plates - Stops the backfire
*Radiator Flush
*Oil
*Brake fluid

So currently tyres are good but we will see if I like them may swap them will also look at dates as bike was not ridden a lot before last purchases - will probably change grips - they feel super comfy but white is stupid color for grips they are very dirty and then a few little cosmetic things like front screen etc to make it mine - Has a small stone chip on tank might do something there as well