Motorcycle Thread - Post it all

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Did you have soft bags in the hard panniers? The inserts mean you just lose the whole insert as well as all your gear :)
Nope. Things were wrapped up in bags but no inserts.
The 130k’s of dirt we’d just ridden through was too much for the plastic to handle, it just fell apart. I didn’t crash or anything, I think the g-outs and vibrations just weakened everything.
Soft panniers are the go. Must be a reason everyone uses them

Minlak

custom titis
Nope. Things were wrapped up in bags but no inserts.
The 130k’s of dirt we’d just ridden through was too much for the plastic to handle, it just fell apart. I didn’t crash or anything, I think the g-outs and vibrations just weakened everything.
Soft panniers are the go. Must be a reason everyone uses them
Ahhh when you said panniers and I was thinking BMW I assumed the aluminum boxes not plastics - i always thought if I was running dirt a soft pannier made more sense - Some padding and give in all the rough stuff.

Reconsidered the Yamaha T7 now too the seat is just too much like sitting on a plank - pity I liked the raid edition specs and looks - Going to stick to road for now.

Ultra Lord

Ahhh when you said panniers and I was thinking BMW I assumed the aluminum boxes not plastics - i always thought if I was running dirt a soft pannier made more sense - Some padding and give in all the rough stuff.

Reconsidered the Yamaha T7 now too the seat is just too much like sitting on a plank - pity I liked the raid edition specs and looks - Going to stick to road for now.
The bike came with the BMW Vario set. ood idea for commuting and long road miles but yeah, not for what I’m doing on it.

Re-reconsider the T7?
If you’re already going ham buying a new bike, whats another grand for comfort?

Minlak

custom titis
The bike came with the BMW Vario set. ood idea for commuting and long road miles but yeah, not for what I’m doing on it.

Re-reconsider the T7?
If you’re already going ham buying a new bike, whats another grand for comfort?
Gotta love the term "Slightly More Comfortable" in any marketing material - The seat is just too narrow for my beefieness :)

Ultra Lord

Minlak

custom titis

Ultra Lord

Road is where its at - You work so much harder than on cruisey dirt that is all down hill
Why work hard when you can blow $40k on a R1250GS adventure out with all the matching kriega gear and throw “flat tyre adventure, what will we do now? *shockedface” in the thumbnail of your latest YT vid?

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ooppps , sorry Minlak - San , that was my YouTube bait title , - I did actually just sell a bike as my wife ,other half , love of my life stated “ you don’t need 2 motorcycles” …..
Back to just one , just means there is space for a another one - Id like a vintage-y one .

Ultra Lord

Fitted these bad boys on the weekend to my F800 after an ill timed flat put a stop to my riding plans saturday.
Motoz Adventures front and back, absolute bitch to put on but I got there after a six pack. A quick run through the RNP to bald hill lookout sunday night tells me they aren’t too bad on the road, comparable to the ancient conti TKC70 and metzeler Karoo 3 sport that where on the bike (age probably had something to do with that). Feel the weight gain, but worth it. Keen af for a proper run, doubt it’ll be anytime soon with this bloody weather.
1A86646F-91D8-49A9-B010-F9BEDD8C3C14.jpeg

This also arrived after being ordered from n July! Beemer rally seat, a fair bit taller and flatter than the stockies so pretty keen to give it a go tomorrow afternoon when I go for another blap through the nato
E56D9430-7B37-4C9F-9672-6ACB6B89BD75.jpeg

The little F800GS is coming along nicely. Arrow do a full exhaust that’s bloody tempting with a remap to try and get some bloody response out of it but it’s around 4ltr/100 atm so do I wanna lose the mileage for some more uggadugga’s out of the little twin? Might get the forks resprung/valved for my weight instead…… some mighty fine drop in kits available.
Fucksake too many toys. Anyone wanna buy a landcruiser so I can fund this?

edit:forgive the gramma and spelling wine says no and phone screen smol

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
So a recent incident has seen me pretty much now going to see me riding on my own now - In our region road riding is an hour of straight roads in pretty much every direction before you get a small smattering of reasonable corners or in fact even interesting destinations. Many of the places that used to have destination cafes have now closed.
There is however a plethora of dirt roads to explore and other ways to get to destinations if you include dirt in the equation.
I have been thinking of a dual sport or adventure bike and have had some discussions with people new to this style of riding and pretty much universally they all mention riding on dirt is super slow for them as they are nervous on the dirt as they are inexperienced.

So as I did not grow up riding on dirt and also worry that buying a "Dirt Bike" will be a waste of money I have started looking at DRZ 400's - there seems to be a plethora of them around for between $3500 and $6000 and I figure that if I dont like it may be easy enough to off load again - And if I do like it there are tonnes of parts available to improve them.