MotoGP was 2020 now 2023

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fell asleep and missed the whole crash. Woke up after 11 and wondered why the race was still going. Went to bed and had to wait till the news this morning.

Commentators saying Turn 2 not to blame, such an incident could happen anywhere.

I'm wondering if anything will come of the hard pass by MM on Espargaro, I thought it was a bit out of order. It's one thing to pass on the inside but when the other rider gets bumped out of the way like that, there's a risk of disrupting the race with a multi bike pile up.
IMHO it was too aggressive, should only do that type of thing on the playstation

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Are we talking about the first race or the restart? MM's move off the original start was a bit too aggressive, but not worthy of a penalty either IMO. Espargaro often ends up on the outside of the first corner, but consistently never looks inside for riders going for a move up the inside - then gets cranky when he gets bumped after turning down on people. It's a race start FFS, everyone's going for any gap that presents itself, and if you hang wide and leave the door open people are going to put moves on you.

The one on the restart didn't look like much (even less) too. MM committed to split the gap between Quateraro and Espargaro. There was space when he went for the move, but Quateraro missed the apex and went a touch wide and Espargaro turned in bit harder than his initial turn-in suggested again so Marquez had nowhere to go and bounced Espargaro. Not ideal, but life goes on.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The second one had a worse result for Espargaro but didn't look like MM was at fault there. There might be some in the new generation of riders that are good enough to do the same to MM.

Scotty675

Cable thief
So how much has vinales dummy spit cost him?
Now the bloke can ride when he’s on but he hasn’t shone latterly.
For an unsigned rider he certainly hasn’t done himself any favours.
To me that’s a triple whammy Fuck you to the team. Laps don’t drop by 5 seconds, pulling into the pits and not even finishing the race (points or not the team don’t want DNFs) then top it off by hitting the limiter several times on way back to pits.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
So how much has vinales dummy spit cost him?
Now the bloke can ride when he’s on but he hasn’t shone latterly.
For an unsigned rider he certainly hasn’t done himself any favours.
To me that’s a triple whammy Fuck you to the team. Laps don’t drop by 5 seconds, pulling into the pits and not even finishing the race (points or not the team don’t want DNFs) then top it off by hitting the limiter several times on way back to pits.
"Pulling a Kocinski"?

Scotty675

Cable thief
That was a thriller but unfortunately not for Miller. I’m not sure what happened but when he came in first I thought it’s on. Guessing I’d say the bike wasn’t ready.
Awesome finish and definitely didn’t pick the podium

That was a thriller but unfortunately not for Miller. I’m not sure what happened but when he came in first I thought it’s on. Guessing I’d say the bike wasn’t ready.
Awesome finish and definitely didn’t pick the podium
Yeah I thought the same thing. Maybe made a mistake trying to hard to make up ground ?

Scotty675

Cable thief
So does Cruthlow now do the rest of the season on the factory Yamaha? With vinales’s early termination who takes the ride

beeb

Surely Morbidelli should be moved to the factory team and the remaining SRT seat to go to either Crutchlow or Gerloff (or a mix between them)? Personally, I thought Gerloff did an excellent job at Assen for a first race weekend and is well deserving of a chance. It's a good opportunity for Crutchlow to bank testing hours, but he won't feature anywhere prominent in the race results like Morbidelli has previously IMO.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Definitely next year but he is still under contract and still no guaranteed return date.
He is definitely the pick of talent available.

beeb

So for Silverstone only (so far), Crutchlow to factory Yamaha, and Dixon to SRT Yamaha.

While Crutchlow is (and will remain) well off the pace, I guess having your official Yamaha test-rider go back-to-back rounds and offer comparisons between the old bike compared to new might be of benefit, but Dixon??? Has the guy even finished a race in the last two years? Seems to just be mid-pack to gravel trap everytime I hear his name mentioned... I'd have given Darryn Binder a spin before Dixon.

Scotty675

Cable thief
With SRT unmanned for next year Binder may move up next year. Petronas sponsorship is scrapped apart from moto GP next year leaving riders out of seats. Big jump from moto 3 straight to moto GP. Can be done as Miller has proved but a big jump not only in fitness required but also the mental pressure to deal with.
I have no doubt Cruthlow will finish ahead of Rossi by the end of the year. He has only been testing. Big jump back into racing.