MotoGP was 2020 now 2023

seems Yamaha are chasing him now, is there still hope for Dovi ?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

seems Yamaha are chasing him now, is there still hope for Dovi ?

Ah, being a "development rider" for an overpowered scooter doesn't seem like it'd be a full-time job. Hopefully he can return to the MotoGP paddock. I think he'd do well on a Yamaha, but still reckon Morbidelli would do better. Morbidelli's performance on the 2019-spec bike has been exceptional.

I kind of hope Dovi goes to Aprilia and helps them develop the bike that fraction more to get them into the podium battle. It's so close currently, and would be great to have another manufacturer at the pointy end.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Sort of glad to not have the COVID risk, but a bugger to lose the PI round. Generally always a cracker of a race.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
Crushed. My lad was really looking forward to this.
What's with the rent a date on other GP's? Had tickets to Thailand in '18 but couldn't go due to work. Been f**ed over by date swaps ever since. Stupid Wuhan virologists...

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's disappointing Rossi couldn't wrap up his MotoGP career on a better note, he has given us some epic racing over many seasons. I got to see him at Phillip Island in '09, '12 and 14. Have been hoping Rossi would have a good season for the last couple of years.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The stats will never lie , Rossi was / is awesome , I think he is actually faster now than 5 yrs ago .
- it’s just that everyone is faster than 5 years ago .

In other random news , Dani P is racing on the Kym this weekend , he has helped develop the chassis , I would bet he is gonna try to hand Honda it’s arse for rejecting / displacing him .

And he is a genuine gentleman , as is Rossi, there is a theme developing !
Cant wait for Motogp Nite !

Scotty675

Cable thief
It is good to see Danny and Carl getting some races.
I will say that maybe and it is a big maybe, we may still see Rossi fill in next year if one of his team riders are out for some reason. We know he didn’t have a good time on the Ducati so I believe he made the right choice not to race with his brother on his own team

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Commentators saying Turn 2 not to blame, such an incident could happen anywhere.

I'm wondering if anything will come of the hard pass by MM on Espargaro, I thought it was a bit out of order. It's one thing to pass on the inside but when the other rider gets bumped out of the way like that, there's a risk of disrupting the race with a multi bike pile up.