MotoGP was 2020 now 2023

Scotty675

Cable thief
After watching Alex Marquez again star in fp1, I’m going to jinx him and say he’s capable of a win before the years out. He has worked out the Honda and proved he can adapt to all conditions.
Should of been at Phillip Island this weekend, fuck you Covid.

Scotty675

Cable thief
2 weeks and counting. Getting excited. Let’s see what 2021 throws at them. I’m calling Miller for podium first race. Big call as don’t know how his race pace is but he certainly has 1 lap speed.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon Miller has it all coming together this year, experience and maturity is clicking into place. He placed well a few times last year when in the past he would have pushed harder for all or nothing results. They still have their power advantage, hopefully they've gained something in the corner speed/handling department.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I reckon if Ducati have made any inroads on making the bike turn, Bagnaia will be a dark horse this season. Miller I reckon will be a regular 2nd, 3rd, 4th contender - but not sure if he's got that next level the "aliens" have in those clutch last lap moments. Really interested to see how Pol Espargaro goes, he can often manage scorching pace over a few flying laps but seems to struggle with the mental strength and consistency to do it over race distance without burning up his tyres, plus the Hondas still seem to be chucking their riders off on the regular. It's a strange pre-season this one too, because good pace in testing at the Qatar rarely translates to the rest of the calender, so who's really got pace for the European (and potentially even flyaway rounds) remains to be seen IMO). This seems to always effect Yamaha the most who perform strongly at Qatar then struggle for half the year afterwards. Personally, I also can't wait to see the return of Marc Marquez. I know a lot of people hate him, and while I can see while he riles many - damn he's impressive to see in action when he's got his bike at the limit, past the limit, well past it, and somehow back under control again. It's a shame Brad Binder is tied so strongly to KTM as both have a similar (extremely loose) riding style and would probably like a similarly setup bike. He's who I would've tried to poach for Repsol Honda's #2 seat and it would've been awesome to watch them battle each other on equal machinery. I hope for Rossi's sake Yamaha have found some performance in the off-season, as I thought he was in great form last year. Maybe didn't show in the finishing positions but his riding looked less desperate and dangerous (some of his "block passes" the few years prior were getting very dangerous, if it wasn't for the other riders anticipating and leaving room he would've T-boned several of them...) - but in 2020 he had his confidence back, it was just the bike wasn't nearly good enough to take him to the podium.

TL;DR - Should be a good season. :)

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Watched the Moto 3 last night, that was excellent. Working my way through the rest over the next couple of nights