MotoGP was 2020 now 2023

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
That Stefano Nepa crash in Moto3 was nasty AF. Glad the other riders avoided him, but still not entirely sure what it was that left his foot facing the wrong way as got launched off the bike.

Was surprised Ai Ogura binned it in the Moto2, suspect he'll regret that immensely after next round.

And MotoGP, well, it would've been a boring race if it wasn't for the championship implications. Good on Pecco, but I feel bad for Quarteraro after the rides he's been putting in all season. He's pushing so damn hard to try and overcome the limitations of the Yamaha. He'd be very deserving of the championship but I don't think he's going to get there.

And while the full fitness and bike package aren't there yet, I've been loving having Marc Marquez back in the paddock. Given the Hondas have been averaging results around P15 without him, and he's come back and is punching out top 6's and podiums really shows just how incredible a rider he really is.

Last edited:

Scotty675

Cable thief
Won’t lie, I’m really excited for next years racing. This year all the fly away rounds have been great racing. No one rider dominating the field. Marc got back on form a lot quicker than expected. Bagnia and Bastianini as team mates will be interesting, there’s no way the beast will be holding back.

beeb

Won’t lie, I’m really excited for next years racing. This year all the fly away rounds have been great racing. No one rider dominating the field. Marc got back on form a lot quicker than expected. Bagnia and Bastianini as team mates will be interesting, there’s no way the beast will be holding back.
The sprint races on Saturdays are going to be interesting too. A lot of guys that can ride faster than what they are but not nurse the tyres to the end of a full-distance race will suddenly have a very real chance of winning. Going to be interesting to see the strategy late in the season for championship contenders - ie: whether or not they try to be on the podium in the sprint races (and probable carnage as a result) for half point, or just aim for top-6 in the sprint race and a better showing in the full races.

beeb

Is it me, or is the new streaming player really low-res? The "1080P" coverage looks like 720p at best. :(

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First race is going to be interesting - lotsa Ducatis in the field , but the KTM's might rattle em up .
Nothing to lose and with Balls to match .
First Free Practice was a bit 'give it a bit , so will see how actual qualifying goes .

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not a bad start to the season (except for Bastiannini and Oliveira)
I enjoyed the sprint race, and think they will be good for MotoGP, it's a whole different ball game when they don't have to worry about tyre life !
KTM will be contenders at the tracks that don't have long straights for the Ducatis top speed to be an advantage. Millers first outing on the KTM and he was mixing it up at the sharp end.
Joel Kelso had some time at the front in Moto3, a solid effort in that field

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah !
if you arent protecting tyre life - go for it , its like moto 2 and all or nothing

And Marquez in the Sprint Race was ' omg '
Miller's lap record overnight .... then replaced - which shows the season is going to be a cracker

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Not a bad start to the season (except for Bastiannini and Oliveira)
I enjoyed the sprint race, and think they will be good for MotoGP, it's a whole different ball game when they don't have to worry about tyre life !
KTM will be contenders at the tracks that don't have long straights for the Ducatis top speed to be an advantage. Millers first outing on the KTM and he was mixing it up at the sharp end.
Joel Kelso had some time at the front in Moto3, a solid effort in that field
We're the Japanese manufacturers anywhere to be seen?

This is so weird, I'm still used to HRC ruling the roost.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
That was fun. How much top end poke do the Ducs have… phark.

If you wonder why, I’m sure it is near zero energy lost in the Desmo valve train.

When I was building my TT2 Ducati, for a laugh I took the little valve closer springs out of my Asso Werkes engine, like a race engine… not the street bike engine that it was. I could spin the camshaft and valve train with my finger… no effort required.

Almost no horsepower wasted on the valve train, it’s all going to the back wheel.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We're the Japanese manufacturers anywhere to be seen?
Marquez certainly made a bit of a scene !

All mfrs go through some highs and lows with bike development and race results. Ducati have been working hard to reverse the post Stoner 2007 WC decline and when they started to taste some success they dug in and kept at it. Their HP advantage has been no secret for a few years, and in that time they've been working on handling/suspension/tyre life and have done a good job with their aero stuff too.

Suzuki pulled the pin last year, Yamaha and Honda seem to have been resting on their laurels for a couple of years too long and now face a long hard road to catch up to Ducati, KTM have good momentum in development, with Miller's input will probably get stronger faster and take out a WC before Honda or Yamaha.

Honda seem to be taking action now, calling in outside expertise having realised they will lose MM if they can't put a good bike under him.

Look at how Alex Marquez has gone on a Ducati, night and day difference to last year. Imagine if MM got on a Ducati this year he would probably be dominant again like he was a few years ago.

Both Honda and Yamaha ended up in a similar spot where few riders could get the bike to work well for them, to the point where they each had a single rider capable of contesting the podium. Satellite teams have ditched both Honda and Yamaha, preferring the Ducati and now there are always several Ducati riders capable of challenging for the top positions

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think as well Ducati, will support any team - need a bike , call ducati - as even satellite teams are running the good gear .
But Honda n MM will be a force if they can hook up (again ) he is an alien and still in recovery mode - imagine if he was 100% .
Also, note he apologised for cleaning up Olovira - something he would have shrugged off a couple of yrs agar as ‘ just go faster ‘ as a racer he is developing - still the push , push , push crash oops to far !
Miller , I wanna see him win some races - he has the gear and the skills now

Ducatis , fast as buggery - Super Impressive

beeb

How good was the sprint race last night. If you haven’t watched it, I’d recommend watching for binders entertaining ride
The little samurai's efforts in FP1 (and the sprint race realistically) were pretty amazing too.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I’m enjoying them. First race was carnage (just what I expected). Gives the field a chance of a win especially on there preferred track. I can’t wait for mugello. Those Italians are very passionate and with a field of Ducatis it will be on