MotoGP was 2020 now 2023

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
RIP Jason Dupasquier

As a spectator it's easy to forget the risks involved, we see so many crashes with the riders often jumping back on to their bikes pretty quickly.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
About to start too (for those that haven't chwcked the modified schedule)

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unbelievable. Amazing performance.
Both MM and Gardner, how about the carnage in Moto3 though, I came in from work halfway through the race and while getting changed every time I looked at the screen there seemed to be a multi bike pile up !

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Really liking Remy Gardner more and more these days. Seems alot more self confident and humble, which is quite a feat considering how much of a flog his dad is.

beeb

I think I was even more impressed by MM performance after seeing him on the podium, basically unable to lift the trophy up with his right arm. He went to, winced, swapped it to his left hand and raised it in the air. His comments in the post-race interview about pushing harder when the spots of rain hit just show his determination to put it all on the line.

And yeah, Remy's made an amazing leap in maturity and consistency this year. Unreal how he went from regular DNF's over the last couple of years and patchy results to being a regular podium contender this year. Astonishing that the Aki Ajo/RedBull KTM can keep this production line of talent coming through. They interviewed Aki during a recent free practice session and he spoke about how just having the raw talent isn't anywhere near enough to get you a win anymore - you have to have the training discipline, good attitude and mental consistency to win these days. Seems they really focus on not just picking guys that can ride fast but have the mental game on point too, which suggests Remy could really roll with the big-dogs next year. Be cool to have two Aussies in the top-tier again, - it's been a long time!

beeb

Potential spoilers, click below if you've already watched the race...
Loved Quateraro's comments post-race - "There's no points for being fast on Saturday". Typical Vinales too, with his utterly moronic soft front tyre choice that has failed so consistently on him over the years. Oh, I've been fastest in every session of the weekend on the Medium front, lets change to a Soft compound front on race day so on the 1% chance I make it to the first corner first, I might be able to run away in the lead. Dumbass! I hope he loses his seat at factory Yamaha A.S.A.P after all his sulking after the race, and Morbidelli gets to step up onto current machinery. NFI why Aprilia would want to take on the flakiest and least consistent rider in the paddock (Vinales) though. Yes, now and then he can be fast and win, but most of the season his mid-pack with his team-mate making him looking like an amateur- and that's been the case for years now. So much talent coming through at the moment, chuck him out and get someone with some potential to improve.