More trails for Tassie! Burnie MTB Park

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I'm going to drive past later this week for a peak. I'm working evenings in Burnie. Would be good to have somewhere to blast around before work each day.
Had a look yesterday and Ridemore had one small excavator working up on the upper trails above the pump track.
Here's the layout from the Burnie council page.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Good on them for having a crack, but after watching the video on their website, I'm amazed they actually won a contract with a council, any council.

Stredda

Good on them for having a crack, but after watching the video on their website, I'm amazed they actually won a contract with a council, any council.
Yeah they don't quite come across as the most professional team hey :D,. The do good work though, their specialty is this type of work, Jump parks, MX tracks, that sort of thing.

Last edited:

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, truth. They do know their stuff when it comes to jump trails and pump tracks, so I'm glad they went with them. Much prefer their style of pumptrack to other builds in Tassie, more amplitude and less mellow, with more line options (at least in the ones I've ridden), so much more fun than say the Derby or Railton pump tracks. They seem to do a good job with consistent rhythm and speed on flowy jump trails too, looking forward to having a crack at Burnie.

Stredda

Ridemore built the pump tracks and jumps park at Ulverstone and although I still haven't given it a go (scared of all the youngsters showing me up) it's pretty successful.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Super keen to check this out.
Hoping the advanced trail has some size to it, along the lines of bare creek sydney (Pro-line equivalent might be wishful thinking but).