More spacing

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I thought 157mm was already here?

Doesn't Mondrake have a 27.5+ plus bike with that?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

binner

Hath shat hymself
I thought 157mm was already here?

Doesn't Mondrake have a 27.5+ plus bike with that?

It is, but that was ye ol DH days and it kinda died out with new frame builders and BOOST but here we fuggin go again....
...My heart sunk when Noel says "entire lineup" arghhhhhhhh

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That would be a welcome jump to be honest, rather than a jump to ultra mega boost 153 then 157Trail :)

The bike industry stated years ago that they could go to 157mm without changing BB widths, so rather than them drip feeding us new standards... just get straight to 157mm and be done with it. The issue is maintaining chainline and the tyre rubbing on the chain when in granny gear.

My fattest fatbike is 190mm, the other is 170mm rear. Both bikes have 100mm BB's though.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
My fattest fatbike is 190mm, the other is 170mm rear. Both bikes have 100mm BB's though.
That fatbike analogy got me thinking. Mtbr is awash with fatbike owners complaining about destroying hub bearings because of axle flex.

Would the same occur with a 157mm hub?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That fatbike analogy got me thinking. Mtbr is awash with fatbike owners complaining about destroying hub bearings because of axle flex.

Would the same occur with a 157mm hub?
Dont know, Ive had 3 fatbikes (back before they went hipster), started as a beach riding bike and ended with doing 2 x Simpson Desert Races... when I say ended, I have not ridden it as a fatbike for about 2 years (currently a 29+ singlespeed) but its sitting here waiting on another Simpson race, sometime in the future. There's 3 different routs that they race on, I've done 2, waiting on number 3 for a full set of 100% finishers medals ;)

As far as hubs go, I've built all my wheels with Hope Fatsno, the only issue I know of was the Specialized fattys blowing freehubs regular. Hopes go forever...