More HSP goodness.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bike looks sick. You need to wear white linen suits and solve sexy beach crimes while riding it though. That would really complete the 80s neon Miami Vice vibe (in my head at least).
I've actually got a set of white "disco" MTB shorts but they make a rare outing as they'll not stay pristine for long.

Maybe that new Dharco kit, if I can fit my backside in them! :eek:;)

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A little update on the Dreadnought.

So, ever since getting it, I've had some challenges with the Fox Performance Elite X2 shock. It's been whistling and not altogether feeling A1. This has been a touch annoying given my experiences with X2's in the past on other frames. Back and forth with the LBS and Fox and to cut a long story short they decided to just replace it and provide me with a Factory X2 with the correct tune.

I know Performance Elite is exactly the same as Factory in terms of adjustment and performance but I'll tell you it certainly solved the problems I was having. It's night and day better, and impossibly smooth. I did actually prefer the look of the non kashima version on this frame, but I'm much happier with how it looks AND rides now.

After that, and a few of the chunkier runs down at Redhill I came to the conclusion that at 170mm travel and at my riding weight of 107kgs, it's perhaps testing the limits of what the Lyrik is best set for. After thinking about it (ever since I bought the frame actually) I decided the Fox 38 would be the option. I've heard and read both good and bad reviews from a range of friends and online and thought get them, and if I don't like them, sell them.

I've only had a few rides on with this fork but even compared to the Lyrik with Push HC97 Damper, it's astounding. I followed factory settings and it's plush, supportive, direct and just utterly solid.

Would all black look better? Probably, but I certainly like the matching look with the shock. Probably too much for just general trail riding but I don't do that on this bike anyway. The Lyrik is now on the Highlander but set at 150mm so I'm happier with that set up, that's another (good) story.

If you're on the fence regarding the 38 and you're of above average weight and using it on a longer travel fork, I would definitely recommend considering it.

Oh, and I fitted a 240mm One Up Dropper on it too because I've got rather long legs!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ha, I spoke to you on Sunday at lysty.
I won't shit up your thread with pics but I'm the guy who built a bike.. thread is here somewhere.

That is a beautiful bike man.
Thanks! It was great to chat! And I'm very impressed by what you've been doing. Where can I see pictures?

Send to pm if you'd like.