Sold Monarch RT3 Debonair - 190x51mm (7.5x2.0)

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: Monarch RT3 Debonair - 190x51mm / 7.5x2.0
Item Condition: Used, good condition?
Reason for selling: Had to pull it off the Niner due to frame clearance issues.
Price and price conditions: $100 plus post if needed - sold back to moorey
Extra: Not 100% sure on condition or service history (not sure if Moorey knows any more? was a recent swap see below), but seems good from what I can tell.
Pictures:

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Item: Monarch RT3 Debonair - 190x51mm / 7.5x2.0
Item Condition: Used, good condition?
Reason for selling: Had to pull it off the Niner due to frame clearance issues.
Price and price conditions: $100 plus post if needed
Extra: Not 100% sure on condition or service history (not sure if Moorey knows any more? was a recent swap), but seems good from what I can tell.
Pictures:
View attachment 378689
That the one I swapped for the Plus? It had 10h max riding my end after a full Summitfever rebuild. Sorry it didn’t fit. Where was the fouling?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That the one I swapped for the Plus? It had 10h max riding my end after a full Summitfever rebuild. Sorry it didn’t fit. Where was the fouling?
Cheers - it is, yep. Ever so slightly ran into the seattube/downtube junction on bottom out, hitting just where the aircan retaining o-ring is. Might have been fine but didn't want to risk it - managed to find a 2021 Float DPS in the right size so running that instead.

moorey

call me Mia
Cheers - it is, yep. Ever so slightly ran into the seattube/downtube junction on bottom out, hitting just where the aircan retaining o-ring is. Might have been fine but didn't want to risk it - managed to find a 2021 Float DPS in the right size so running that instead.
Bugger. So, a non debonair shouldn’t foul?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bugger. So, a non debonair shouldn’t foul?
I don't think so, seems just that little slimmer/higher up around the seal - the older Jet9 has barely any clearance around the lower mount, see pic. Either way, the Float DPS works (and is buttery smooth + lighter) so am well sorted now.

wornoutwords

Likes Dirt
would this fit on a 2011 trance? i got one as my first real bike recently but the fox shock on mine sounds like someone fisting a jar of mayo....

moorey

call me Mia
would this fit on a 2011 trance? i got one as my first real bike recently but the fox shock on mine sounds like someone fisting a jar of mayo....
Trance is 185x44. Can’t say if the extra e2e or stroke will cause issues. If you used offset bushes both ends, you’d bring it back to 186, but I think the trance only allows one end. Still might cause issues with extra stroke.
BB will lift and head angle steepened if nothing else.

moorey

call me Mia
(Full disclosure, I said earlier in his other sale thread I’d take it, but hasn’t responded yet)

wornoutwords

Likes Dirt
Trance is 185x44. Can’t say if the extra e2e or stroke will cause issues. If you used offset bushes both ends, you’d bring it back to 186, but I think the trance only allows one end. Still might cause issues with extra stroke.
BB will lift and head angle steepened if nothing else.
hmm yeah, my googling shows people putting the 7.5x2.0 ones on those era trances but that's only because the trance shock dimensions at the time weren't standard.. and issues with frame clearance at full compression.

But it looks like 185x44 is more standard now so might wait to find one that's a match.. probably cheaper as well rather than messing with offset bushing and internal spacers etc

moorey

call me Mia
hmm yeah, my googling shows people putting the 7.5x2.0 ones on those era trances but that's only because the trance shock dimensions at the time weren't standard.. and issues with frame clearance at full compression.

But it looks like 185x44 is more standard now so might wait to find one that's a match.. probably cheaper as well rather than messing with offset bushing and internal spacers etc
Yeah, a lot more around now. They ran that for years on countless Trances. Had one in the box of spares until recently. Was sold to me as 190.
A bike I was sorting for a local kid was a 2014 trance with 190 and offsets fitted. It was fouling on the piggyback under full compression, so I banged the 184 on it.