mm m m my Shigura

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought a set of MT7's from Fastrider Gus early this year, and have gathered a few other upgradey bits since then. Extracted the digit today and fitted up the front brake, I've been holding off a bit due to some conflicting forum posts elsewhere, re which hose/barb/olive combo works. That and being a bit unmotivated....
I went with Shimano olive, Magura hose and barb and it seems to have sealed well. A quick driveway test and it feels goood :D but needs more bedding in and a proper ride to be sure. I love doing stoppies and this setup should be handy for that. Rear brake is still an XT single piston and 180mm rotor. I'm leaning towards putting the other MT7 caliper on the front of my HT and putting the Zee calipers on the rear of both bikes. This gets me out of dealing with the internal hose routing on the Ripmo AF, once was enough..
Would like to get some dark grey donut thingys to replace the green ones, they were out of stock last time I looked.
Shigura 1.jpeg

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Bought a set of MT7's from Fastrider Gus early this year, and have gathered a few other upgradey bits since then. Extracted the digit today and fitted up the front brake, I've been holding off a bit due to some conflicting forum posts elsewhere, re which hose/barb/olive combo works. That and being a bit unmotivated....
I went with Shimano olive, Magura hose and barb and it seems to have sealed well. A quick driveway test and it feels goood :D but needs more bedding in and a proper ride to be sure. I love doing stoppies and this setup should be handy for that. Rear brake is still an XT single piston and 180mm rotor. I'm leaning towards putting the other MT7 caliper on the front of my HT and putting the Zee calipers on the rear of both bikes. This gets me out of dealing with the internal hose routing on the Ripmo AF, once was enough..
Would like to get some dark grey donut thingys to replace the green ones, they were out of stock last time I looked.
View attachment 394407
Dang it. I had just about been convinced to go the cheaper Deore 4 pot route, but now I’m leaning back towards Shiguras.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
View attachment 394407
Totally agree with avoiding having to re-route internal brake lines! I think I used the same combo of shim olive, mag hose and barb. I can't remember if I used royal blood or Shimano mineral oil though. I could easily check, but CBF.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Totally agree with avoiding having to re-route internal brake lines! I think I used the same combo of shim olive, mag hose and barb. I can't remember if I used royal blood or Shimano mineral oil though. I could easily check, but CBF.
Are they virtually the same? Duck???