Mills and Lathes

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Big adjustable reamers are expensive so typically just have sizes you use regularly. Someone might have a reamer. Ask in the quick question thread as well.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
This is roughly what I need machined on the wheel side to adapt to 70mm PCD. All good on the backlogs, I'll see what I can do in the meantime.

wheel side mount

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Yep, spline is tricky. Above my skill grade. Can you buy the spline with a hole through it or a generic hub than can be adapted to a new flange? That is doable.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know a guy who makes this stuff, Melbourne. You are talking real money for something like that, it's not a $100 job.
Pm me if you want his details

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Fox suspension. Really trying to be difficult. Why must a static O-Ring be hidden behind a cap that requires a funky tool. It’s just not cricket.

The DPX2 rebound adjuster eyelet cap. To remove you need a 4 pin tool on a 13.1mm bcd. 3mm pins.

Out of stock everywhere, stock eta April 2021.

So I made one. Fucked up the spacing by 0.25mm, shes a tight tolerance tool to not mangle the cap. Dremel to the rescue.

Last edited:

SummitFever

Eats Squid
My new spare shock just arrived for the Trance so I will giving my dpx2 a rebuild. I will probably make whatever specialty tools I need. Let me know if there's anything you need and I'll make a second set while I'm at it.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Thanks Summit, very generous of you. If you’re making a rebound cap driver 398-00-761 id love one. Best I could measure, four 3mm pins on a 16.1mm bcd.

No I have not made pn 398-00-763 base valve removal tool, rebuild instructions tell you to only remove if being replaced, and I had no way to reliably measure. Would love one if you can work it out. Pretty deep recess to reliably measure.

One tool I found I needed that isn’t even a tool was for removing the IFP stoppers top cap. It’s threaded to the stopper, stopper spins against the wire clip.

My tooling:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
@wesdadude what car is the steering shaft off? An option couldnbe a shaft from a wrecker cut and threaded or welded to a blank. What is the pcd of the flange?

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
@wesdadude what car is the steering shaft off? An option couldnbe a shaft from a wrecker cut and threaded or welded to a blank. What is the pcd of the flange?
It's off an AH Astra. I have a steering column, was just hoping I could get by without having to hack it up. I attempted dissasembly today, looks like I'm going to have to get the angle grinder out.

If you're referring to the PCD of my ealier diagram it's 70mm 6 bolt (same spacing as OMP, Sparco, Momo).

SummitFever

Eats Squid
No. I used drill shafts to find the radius size. Then I just wrote some parametric gcode to do the rest. For simple geometric shapes like that I find it a lot quicker to just write the gcode directly instead of using CAD then CAM. Took less than 30 mins to program. Here's the bit that does the cross profile and you can see the variables. If it came out too tight or too loose then I just change a variable and re-machine. I also typically run the first part in acryllic which for something like this takes about 2 mins to machine. It's about as close to instant gratification as you can get.

Code:
#<CAP_DIA> = [30.5]
#<CAP_RADIUS> = [#<CAP_DIA>/2]
#<LOBE_DIA> = 14.25
#<LOBE_RADIUS> = [#<LOBE_DIA>/2]
#<LOBE_SEPARATION> = [17.5+#<LOBE_DIA>]

#<center_offset> = [#<LOBE_SEPARATION>/2*SIN[45]]

G2 X[#<center_offset>-#<LOBE_RADIUS>] Y[#<center_offset>] I[0] J[#<LOBE_RADIUS>]
    G1 Y[#<CAP_RADIUS>]
    G1 X[-[#<center_offset>-#<LOBE_RADIUS>]]
    G1 Y[#<center_offset>]
    G2 X[-#<center_offset>] Y[#<center_offset>-#<LOBE_RADIUS>] I[-#<LOBE_RADIUS>] J[0]
    G1 X[-#<CAP_RADIUS>]
    G1 Y[-[#<center_offset>-#<LOBE_RADIUS>]]
    G1 X[-#<center_offset>]
    G2 X[-#<center_offset>+#<LOBE_RADIUS>] Y[-#<center_offset>] I[0] J[-#<LOBE_RADIUS>]
    G1 Y[-#<CAP_RADIUS>]
    G1 X[#<center_offset>-#<LOBE_RADIUS>]
    G1 Y[-#<center_offset>]
    G2 X[#<center_offset>] Y[-#<center_offset>+#<LOBE_RADIUS>] I[#<LOBE_RADIUS>] J[0]
    G1 X[#<CAP_RADIUS>]
    G1 Y[#<center_offset>-#<LOBE_RADIUS>]
    G1 X[#<center_offset>]