Middle East situation

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Some background as to why some electors of the seat of MacNamara are fucked off at their apparent MP Josh Burns ignoring their concerns.
The things people feel driven to do to get the attention of the elected representative who is supposed to represent their interests and concerns in parliament, rather than simply being a cog in a party machine.

http://instagr.am/p/C8dkQrwhxLc/

ForkinGreat

Top UN investigator says that the Israeli army is ‘one of the most criminal armies in the world.’

fastrider gus

super huck
Top UN investigator says that the Israeli army is ‘one of the most criminal armies in the world.’

That dude has been singing the same tune for years, it doesn't mean shit and it ain't sticking

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Compared to who exactly? Myanmar, Russia, Syria, China, Iran, the Taliban, Hezbollah, the Houthis, North Korea, Venezuela, the Janjaweed, the Shining Path, the Lord's Resistance Army, whoever is stirring up shit in Kosovo this week? The IDF seems out of their depth compared to some of those heavy hitters.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Compared to who exactly? Myanmar, Russia, Syria, China, Iran, the Taliban, Hezbollah, the Houthis, North Korea, Venezuela, the Janjaweed, the Shining Path, the Lord's Resistance Army, whoever is stirring up shit in Kosovo this week? The IDF seems out of their depth compared to some of those heavy hitters.

Riiiight...
Nothing like a good old polarity responder.

Person A: "UN report about The Israeli army being evil cunts"
Person B: " Yeah Nah, what about all these other groups I think are way more evil, who are totally irrelevant to the Israeli Army slaughtering Palestinian civilians????"

@Oddjob
Dude, you go right ahead bust a gut about all the armies or arseholes you have listed, but ITS NOT RELEVANT HERE.
Start your OWN THREAD. In fact, START YOUR OWN MEDIA AGENCY in order to have the attention to cover and report on all that, because,
No Offence, But you have tried this "yeah, but what about..." shit on in a number of posts in this thread, and It's getting old and repetitive.

I invite you to write angry emails to the Chinese Embassy in Canberra, as the Conduct of China has personal relevance for you, as you have mentioned Taiwanese Parent(s).
See how far you get.
I'll back up the truck with the popping corn and pallets of cooking oil, and settle in for a long wait.

ForkinGreat

That dude has been singing the same tune for years, it doesn't mean shit and it ain't sticking

Sugar Daddy America keeps vetoing any attempt to make israel accountable.

ForkinGreat

Sde Teiman Military Base - A fun place to be tortured or killed by totally moral IDF psychopaths.

the New York Times (NYT) reported that Israel was carrying out a policy of systematic torture in the army base of Sde Teiman.

Reports of abuse at Sde Teiman had already emerged in both Israeli and Arab media, following outcries from local and international rights groups about the horrific conditions there.
The NYT investigation revealed that 1,200 Palestinian civilians were detained at Sde Teiman “in demeaning conditions without the ability to plead their cases to a judge for up to 75 days.” Additionally, detainees were denied “access to lawyers for up to 90 days”.

An Israeli soldier who served at Sde Teiman disclosed to the NYT that his fellow soldiers often bragged about beating detainees, and he observed signs of such treatment.

Oddjob

Riiiight...
Nothing like a good old polarity responder.

Person A: "UN report about The Israeli army being evil cunts"
Person B: " Yeah Nah, what about all these other groups I think are way more evil, who are totally irrelevant to the Israeli Army slaughtering Palestinian civilians????"
The technical debating terms you are looking for are reductio ad ridiculum and straw man.

I did uni debating too. The economists and philosophers/theologians usually demolished the arts teams. Appealing to emotions has limited applicability when there are easy counter factuals.

But in this case there's no judging audience and no-one cares.

Last edited:

fastrider gus

super huck
ITS NOT RELEVANT HERE
It is actually very relevant. If you don't have any previous data to compare to, anyone is open to throw around accusations based on their personal biases. Luckily we actually have a rather long history of war and conflict, like since the fucking beginning of time, so when Chris is throwing around stuff like "one of the most criminal armies in the world" it's obvious as fuck that he is just pushing his anti Israel agenda, because it completely goes against the realities of what's happening on the ground.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Meanwhile someone in the IDF tied an injured civilian to the bonnet of their 4wd and drove off (maybe to a hospital) instead of organising an ambulance, and drove past multiple ambulances on the way.

This isn't the only place in the world where bad shit is happening but it is one of our allies and we/our government has some influence.

fastrider gus

super huck
Meanwhile someone in the IDF tied an injured civilian to the bonnet of their 4wd and drove off (maybe to a hospital) instead of organising an ambulance, and drove past multiple ambulances on the way.

This isn't the only place in the world where bad shit is happening but it is one of our allies and we/our government has some influence.
Seeing as he is being treated in a hospital, I'd say that's more likely than maybe..
I guess the human shield narrative doesn't work both ways..

ForkinGreat

The technical debating terms you are looking for are reductio ad ridiculum and straw man.

I did uni debating too. The economists and philosophers/theologians usually demolished the arts teams. Appealing to emotions has limited applicability when there are easy counter factuals.

But in this case there's no judging audience and no-one cares.

Just like no-one is going to care, beyond privately, about China. Especially the Australian government, and even more so, now that potatohead and his LNP goons finally figured out that pretending to talk tough about China cost them votes in the last federal election. As well as China slapping bigger tariffs on Australian imports or outright bans, any time the Australian government criticize any actions by China.
Australia is going to be in a fucking awkward position, IMO, if our government let us be dragged into helping the yanks in some bullshit conflict over Taiwan.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Seeing as he is being treated in a hospital, I'd say that's more likely than maybe..
I guess the human shield narrative doesn't work both ways..
I never said he was being used as a human shield, I am saying there is a complete lack of respect for the lives of civilians.

ForkinGreat

Oddjob

It's not the first time the IDF has been caught doing this.

Rather than accusing the IDF of being the most evil army on earth, I think the better line would be:

The grandchildren of holocaust survivors should at the very least meet, if not exceed, the standards set by the Geneva conventions on war. Anything less would tarnish the sacrifices of the Jews in WW2.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Surely the army of pol pot and the Khmer rouge would be a solid contender for a medal in the evil Olympics of modern warfare?

The issue shouldn't be is the idf or hamas the most evil, is one right or wrong, it is that currently the idf are perpetrating acts of terror and violence on a civilian population in the name of peace. This (regardless of what hamas has recently done) should be condemned and discouraged by the leaders of nations like Australia. Our country may not have the political or economic clout to stop this shit on our own, but the silence is as good as encouraging it to continue.

Alternatively it will end up like the Yemeni civil war and drop put of our news cycle...and the disasters impressed upon the civilan populace will no longer concern us.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Compared to who exactly? Myanmar, Russia, Syria, China, Iran, the Taliban, Hezbollah, the Houthis, North Korea, Venezuela, the Janjaweed, the Shining Path, the Lord's Resistance Army, whoever is stirring up shit in Kosovo this week?
We know they commit atrocities but there's fuck all we can do about it. Israel on the other hand have our unwavering support both diplomatically and militarily unlike every other entity in that list.