Mezzer or zeb

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
What’s the braking problem though with 203 rotors and shigura setup? Is it you can’t squeeze hard enough to get decent stopping power, or some other issue (brake fade on long descents? Is that a thing)

I like the modulation of my brakes (cura 4s) but would be hard to squeeze at max power for a long descent. Thankfully I never need to do that.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No problem - I just like doing stoppies and not needing to use two fingers. Have the stock Magura pads atm, they’re pretty good. Bigger rotor = moar gooder

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Yeah 29er. Reviews seem to say zeb charger 3 is decent now. I guess price so mezzer. I’ll hunt around.
Interesting that Dougal (via MTBR forum) of Shockcraft said that he considered the charger 2.1 to work better and be way better to tune.

He seems well respected and apparently knows his scheisse, so figured I'd drink the Zeb charger 2.1 koolaid.
Got it today. the Stanchions are pretty beefy. it looks like it will deal with my phat azz effectively.

Dougal posts several times about charger 3 vs 2.1 on the 1st page of the thread

Last edited:

Delazy

Got a new bike!
My Lyrik is with Nigel getting his tuning package atm.. That and the freshly tuned EXT Storia should liven up my Norco Sight just abit

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Interesting that Dougal (via MTBR forum) of Shockcraft said that he considered the charger 2.1 to work better and be way better to tune.

He seems well respected and apparently knows his scheisse, so figured I'd drink the Zeb charger 2.1 koolaid.
100%, he's a well respected bloke in the suspension world and knows his oils better than nearly anyone.

I have great respect for his posts and knowledge.

He doesn't rate or like DVO as he cant tune it but for us hacks that don't have the knowledge to get into the shim stacks, its fucking awesome.