Mezzer or zeb

jrewing

Eats Squid
Killed my mezzers and need a new fork.
what’s the going price and place to shop for either? Had the 1st gen mezzer and liked it. Imagine 2 is better but also new zeb seems sorted.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
If you're 27.5 then Mezzers are $950:

Can be adjusted between 140-180 with included spacers. Not sure about the age of these but surely beyond the bushing issue.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Mezzer Pro.

Comes with a better damper and air spring out of the box. Also a lot cheaper.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

jrewing

Eats Squid
Yeah 29er. Reviews seem to say zeb charger 3 is decent now. I guess price so mezzer. I’ll hunt around.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Another vote for the Mezzer. Piston mod either by shockcraft or NSR and the damper is better than anything that I’ve tried. Light and burly. Easy to maintain.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Can I piggy back here?

I find mezzer rebound too slow. Anyone get a good tune that fixed this? Shockcraft seem to offer a lot now as well with some DIY options?

jrewing

Eats Squid
I saw a post by Terry at Shock Treatment who is a motorcycle suspension tuner. He did large post on the values of rebound for comfort and rebound for speed.
summed up, the comfort setting will offer less traction than the stiffer tune. I‘d always thought as fast as possibly could get away with.
I guess the rebound setting would suit the 180mm travel that goes deeper in stroke, and also for heavier people running higher spring pressure.

jrewing

Eats Squid
I got new lowers and patched up my staunchion was scratched at the very top near crown.
I need to find a mudguard? Dirtworks we’re out of stock. Any places too look. Cant find one

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
summed up, the comfort setting will offer less traction than the stiffer tune. I‘d always thought as fast as possibly could get away with.
I have a local trail I used to get really hung up on and slowed down. Realised my rear rebound was so slow it was packing up on certain sections, and not giving me any pop on the jumps. Sped it up and I’m noticeably faster. But it’s now the fork I’m feeling is too slow to go any faster. So will look into it a bit more.
May throw some extra air in the spring to compensate and hope it doesn’t get harsh.

Haven’t ridden the Zeb though. So can’t really help with your initial question. Sorry.

How far can the mezzer be lowered?
Yea. Do it!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
As an aside, anyone any experience with a Durolux 38? The 36 is a great fork and well priced.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
I got new lowers and patched up my staunchion was scratched at the very top near crown.
I need to find a mudguard? Dirtworks we’re out of stock. Any places too look. Cant find one
I purchased a replacement one from Shockcraft a few months ago.