Mental Health

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
We all shoot the breeze here and for most of us, riding our bikes and hanging shit on each other, helps keeps us sane.
But there will be many of us who talk a good fight, but behind closed doors, will be suffering.
If you are one of those guys, or know someone who you think might be struggling, here is a short article I did for our local paper this week.
Mental illness is a disease, like any other. It doesn't have to have a cause, it can just be there.
If one person reads this and decides to get help, then I have done my job.
You're not being brave by struggling on fellas. You're brave if you confront it head on and seek help.
Stay safe and well.
Russ.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
One of my work mates did a 55km run to raise money for Beyond Blue just today. ran from Stockton war memorial to the top of Tomaree head.
He lost his best mate to suicide last year and felt he was compelled to do something when the world stood back and did nothing.
I appreciate the courage of those that step forward and speak out, a true life line for those that feel that we can't.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I had a look to see if there was a thread tackling this issue, but obviously didn't look hard enough. Thanks.
All good. Great to see you talking about it and promoting that we all have our battles and need to seek help and support at times. Thanks for sharing the article and your experience.

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
One of my work mates did a 55km run to raise money for Beyond Blue just today. ran from Stockton war memorial to the top of Tomaree head.
He lost his best mate to suicide last year and felt he was compelled to do something when the world stood back and did nothing.
I appreciate the courage of those that step forward and speak out, a true life line for those that feel that we can't.
Such a shame. But unfortunately, all too common.
It’s very easy to stand back and then show compassion after the fact. By then, it is usually too late.
Good on your workmate for raising awareness. He will make a difference to those around him and that’s going to save someone’s life.
We owe to ourselves and those we love, to take care of ourselves and our friends.