Mental health day

Mica

Likes Dirt
Made a fantastic decision yesterday that I was taking a mental health day and working from home. Work, family, work, money and work have been doing my head in and other than commuting I haven't ridden a bike in months

Packed the wife off to work, the kids off to day care then jumped on the bike. Riding from home I was in the bush with 10 minutes

Past the car park where it was obvious I had the place to myself

And seeing it was so long since I'd been out the trail fairies have been building new and revised trails everywhere (thanks guys and girls!!!!)

I was home with the laptop running and my second double espresso in hand by 10am with only the radio and dog for company.

By 5pm I'd achieved so much more than I would in a day in the office and even managed a bunch of household chores so may even have time for another ride on the weekend.

I know I'm preaching to the converted here but when things are on top of you drop everything and jump on your bike. It's something we all know but often forget (I know I did).

To those lucky enough to get away this I can highly recommend it.

Let's see if I can get away with this being at least a monthly thing!

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Nice work mate.

I'm in a similar space at the moment. I was made redundant a month ago and the package I was given means that for two months I can relax and do nothing.

Been doing what I want with nothing clouding my mind. Given the circumstances, it has been surprisingly relaxing.

Walk the dogs in the morning, grab the bike if it so tickles my fancy and head out to the park for a few hours. Being weekdays it's almost empty.

Get home, get the fire going. Maybe a red and some gaming to finish off.

Rinse and repeat the next day. Weekends are a chore as the wife is home and the park full. :p